ANIMATION PROGRAMMER (161)
Be responsible for creating and perfecting the animation engine in order to enhance the quality of the animated scenes.
• Compile and understand the project animation intentions and set out development needs;
• Analyze existing animation features in the engine and verify whether they meet project intentions;
• Suggest improvements whenever necessary by designing and implementing new systems;
• Collaborate with game designers and animators to discuss constraints and set out the technical possibilities for the requested features;
• Ensure clear and structured programming, keeping performance, memory, maintenance, compatibility and portability requirements in mind;
• Validate and verify whether the newly developed systems meet project animation intentions and are coherent with existing code;
• Optimize whenever necessary;
• Document the work to transfer knowledge and enable users (other programmers and team members from other working units) to understand how to use the new animation systems and features;
• Carry out all other related tasks;
• Support the Lead Programmer in any ad hoc tasks and duties.
Skills and Knowledge
• Passionate about playing and making games;
• Knowledge of character animation, IK, procedural or physics based animation;
• Excellent C/C++ programming skills, mathematics and physics, with a good knowledge of object oriented development;
• Knowledge of common algorithms, data structures and patterns, and the ability to apply them to problems while keeping constraints and performance in mind;
• Able to plan and estimate their own tasks and ensure timely delivery of work;
• Self-motivated and pro-active with a strong work ethic;
• Excellent English oral and written communication skills;
• Ability to analyse unfamiliar code of reasonable complexity to understand and extend the functionality of an existing module;
• Knowledge of different software development methods such as Test Driven Development, Unit Testing, Agile etc.;
• Ability to debug defects of reasonable complexity.
• 3 years commercial software development experience with significant involvement in 1 published game in an animation programming capacity;
• Some experience with Havok Behavior, Natural Motions’ Morpheme or similar animation middleware;
• Bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject (Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science) or equivalent industry experience.
Salary: Competitive + Relocation
Location: Leamington Spa, U.K