CONCEPT ARTIST (121)
Reflections, a Ubisoft studio is a video games development company based in Newcastle, UK. Collaborating with Ubisoft's international creative teams on projects such as Assassins Creed Syndicate, Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon, online open-world RPG "The Division" as well as the adventure platformer "Grow Home". With a host of other top titles to our name such as open-world action adventure 'Watch Dogs', MMO racer "The Crew" and the latest instalment in the world's No.1 dance game franchise 'Just Dance 2015' Reflections' objective is to combine technical expertise, flair and innovation to create and contribute to successful and memorable games. We are looking for Pioneering, Obsessive Humans to cement its reputation as an industry leading studio within the UK and the world.
Develop artistic elements that will constitute the artistic representation of ideas, provide inspiration and become references for the artistic direction of the project.
- Assist in establishing the style of the project and be a reference for all elements of art production (Environment, Character, UI etc.);
- Maintain consistent style under the direction of the Art Director and carry out revisions as required;
- Plan, estimate and prioritise time frames for the completion of day to day tasks and track progress using the designated tracking tools;
- Communicate and collaborate with key stakeholders to confirm task direction and consistency of work;
- Produce environment concept art and in-game mock ups, focusing particularly on lighting and post effects;
- Implement and incorporate feedback from Art Director and Leads into work;
- Understand best practices, production pipelines and workflows;
- Effectively communicate basic visual intentions to the wider art team;
- Support the Lead Artist and/or Art Director in any related ad hoc tasks.
Skills and Knowledge
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills;
- Strong drawing and conceptualisation skills with an ability to adapt to established styles;
- Anatomical and architectural knowledge;
- Knowledge of fundamental illustration skills including composition, perspective and colour theory;
- Good observation and research skills;
- Knowledge of form, composition, use of detail and visual story telling;
- Digital illustration skills; Advanced understanding of Photoshop;
- Good understanding of relevant 2D and 3D software;
- Familiarity with data management software (such as Perforce);
- Knowledge of the video game industry and awareness of typical video game development processes.
- Relevant working experience in concept art or other relevant experience;
- Bachelors’ degree in Graphics Design, Art or other relevant training;
- Experience working with a photo realistic environment.
Salary: Competitive + Relocation
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne, U.K