A leading publisher of digital and social games, Gameloft® has established itself as one of the top innovators in its field since 2000.
Gameloft creates games for all digital platforms and is present on all continents, distributing its games across 100 countries and employing over 6,000 employees.
As the 3D Character Artist at Gameloft Toronto, you’ll be working with some of the best talents in the world from hit games and franchises including Disney Magic Kingdoms, The Blacklist: Conspiracy, and Uno and Friends, which were created in this studio.
From the beginning of your journey with us you will:
• Sculpt, Model (hi-res/in-game) and texture (hand painter/PBR) 3D characters based on pre-existing 2D designs while preserving the characters’ appeal and personality;
• Collaborate with other 3D artists, animators, and tech artists and ensure that 3D assets meet the style, technical restrictions and gameplay requirements of the project;
• Report to the Art Director and the Project Lead Artist;
• Learn, understand and implement licensor and IP guidelines and restrictions;
• Execute tasks and revisions on spec and in a timely manner;
• Solid traditional art skills
• Expert knowledge of anatomy, biomechanics, topology and texture baking;
• Expert knowledge of Photoshop, 3ds Max, Zbrush, 3D-Coat, Substance Painter and other DCC applications
• Highly disciplined, motivated and able to adapt to various visual styles;
• Understanding of rigging and animation requirements;
• Ability to rig your own characters is a plus;
• Academic background in Arts, Fine Arts, 3D Arts or equivalent training;
• Video game enthusiast;
Why join Gameloft?
• You want to be part of an exceptional experience, within a company that is constantly growing.
• You want to work with talented people who are industry pioneers.
• You want to join a global company and meet great people around the world from all walks of life.
• Or, you are just looking for a fun place to work!
What can Gameloft Toronto offer you?
• Health insurance coverage
• Vacation and personal days off
• Meal and transportation discounts
• Social club events
• And much more!
We can’t wait to find our next great talent!
Only selected candidates will be contacted, and your CV will be saved in our files for 6 months.