Sydney-based indie studio working on its first title, an AR location-based multiplayer property tycoon type game.
3 years into development, they now need someone to help their Lead Game Designer on the Systems Monetization game economy side.
Applicants must be Australian or NZ citizens, Permanent Residents for work visa holders.
SORRY NO VISA SPONSORSHIP IS AVAILABLE FOR OVERSEAS CANDIDATES.
Game designer who’s enthusiastic about the nitty-gritty of systems and balancing. You'll work on-site, prototype features and see them through all phases of development. You’ll turn the chaos of the real world into a compelling game experience, and launch a project that’ll inevitably be compared to the location-based game almost everyone has played.
As half of our design team, you will:
• Design the game’s systems, features and monetization under the supervision and in collaboration with the Lead Game Designer
• Own pieces of the game concept and develop them from early idea to completion
• Encourage participation and feedback from the rest of the development team
• Prototype/model your designs as needed
• Work with coders and artists to integrate, test and refine your design
• Balance the systems and economy
• Write and maintain design documentation
• Significant experience in designing and balancing games (3+ years and/or a few titles shipped)
• Good knowledge of player motivation, game mechanics and the careful balance that makes or breaks systems
• Good understanding of in-game economy for free-to-play
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to collaborate with others and gain consensus on your ideas
• Ability to take feedback on board and think critically about your own work
• Analytical thinking
• Creative problem-solving skills
• You’ve worked in free-to-play and/or mobile development before.
• You’ve developed in Unity and maybe even have scripting skills in LUA and/or XML.
• You know Confluence and Jira.
• Your Excel sheets and macros are a thing of beauty.
• Your grey boxing and UX skills are on point.
• A place on a fully-funded, collaborative team
• Pay based on experience, from $65k to $80k AUD
• A chance to develop a game from start to years into live service
• An opportunity to grow into more responsibilities as the team expands.
• Relocation support.
For more information, please contact me anytime
Conkerberry Recruitment for Games
+61 (0) 427 690 971