Who are we looking for?
We're looking for a razor-sharp Senior System Engineer / DevOps who will evaluate and implement software and hardware technologies to improve technology for our customers playing our games all across the globe, as well as for fellow employees working at our headquarters.
Casumo is a growing, yet quick and tight-knit team and we expect you to take on a wide spectrum of tasks. To fit into this unique environment you will need to be driven and eager to take on new challenges. We would rather have to hold you back than to push you forward.
The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic with a 'can do attitude'. He/she must have a passion for technology, be someone who loves working within a team, and is up for having fun and making cool stuff work.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Knows the mechanics, ways and means of virtualisation like the back of his/her hand, and can orchestrate VMWare like a maestro
- Is familiar and confident with working with servers which you can touch, unplug, hear whirring and watch their LEDs blink (ideally green), yet feels confident working through a virtual cloud
- Has a thorough insight of storage technologies, including FC and SAS-switched SANs, in relation to a clustered-virtual environment
- Has a solid grasp of networking and security in a data centre environment.
- Considers any form of downtime a tragedy, and makes sure that all systems are up, all the time
- Speaks bash as a second language, and takes pride in being a Linux guru
- Automates anything that needs to be done more than once
- Is driven, action oriented, enthusiastic, capable of solving complex technical problems in a 24×7 environment
- Has an obsession with keeping up-to-date documentation
Knowledge in the following areas is considered an asset:
- Bash / Python / PHP scripting
- Grafana and graphite
As a Systems Engineer at Casumo you will:
- Have a true and nerdy passion for application and infrastructure design
- Work with a full open source infrastructure
- Work closely with the development team to build the best gaming site in the universe
- Endorse a DevOps mentality to get stuff done
- Manage automation processes, from provisioning and inception through to day-to-day operations
- Ensure the integrity, availability and confidentiality of data, database systems and all supporting services in the gaming platform
- Evaluate and implement software and hardware technologies to improve the gaming system efficiency, performance and availability
- Focus on providing systems and tools which meet an agile organization in an ecosystem of various operating systems
- Experiment, keep an eye out on new tools and technologies in the ever-evolving digital world and try them out for work and play.
- Like to have fun while getting the job done.