Senior Game Designer (Online)
- Québec City, Canada
Ubisoft Québec is a leader in the video game industry and is located in the heart of Quebec City’s Saint-Roch neighbourhood. Involved in many of Ubisoft’s flagship franchises, the studio gained a strong expertise, leading to its implication in the development of AAA games. The 450 talented people are united by the desire of pushing boundaries, building high quality worlds and creating memorable gaming experiences.
The Game Designer is responsible for developing game systems, controls and interfaces (as well as the other interactive elements) in order to bring the vision of the Creative Director into the desired player experience.
* Create game systems that answer the needs of the Creative Director with regard to the targeted experience for the player, while observing the production directives of the game.
* Standardize, document and communicate the game systems to the team. Regularly update documentation to offer a useful work reference for the whole team.
* Participate actively to the production of prototypes in order to adjust and validate systems prior to starting production. Assess the success of prototypes by measuring how objectives are met, using relevant quantitative and qualitative measurement techniques.
* By following the direction set by the Game Design Director, work on any and all aspects of Game Design by using the proper methods to provide accurate and meaningful designs.
* Participate to the development of tools required to implement and adjust game systems by collaborating with programming to determine the Game Design needs of such systems.
* Carry out all other related tasks.
Diploma in video game design and production or any other equivalent educational background.
7 year's minimum experience with design methods in video game production or any field where design is needed, or any other relevant experience.
Skills and Knowledge:
* Client focus;
* Ability to manage diversity;
* Listening skills;
* Solid communication skills (written and spoken).