- Québec City, Canada
Ubisoft Québec is a leader in the video game industry and is located in the heart of Quebec City’s Saint-Roch neighbourhood. Involved in many of Ubisoft’s flagship franchises, the studio gained a strong expertise, leading to its implication in the development of AAA games. The 450 talented people are united by the desire of pushing boundaries, building high quality worlds and creating memorable gaming experiences.
The Level Designer will create game levels and create and/or implement gameplay situations based on the creative vision.
* Understand the role of his/her level in the overall game experience through the vision set out by the creative director;
* In collaboration with members of the narrative group, ensure that the flow, timing and pace of the level and the distribution of the element to add variety are in line with the level’s place within the game;
* Prototype the environment, establish the layouts and suggest ways to use interactive and static means to create emotion for the player;
* Communicate the results of the prototype to other working units to validate intentions and assess the technical feasibility (level design technical director) and quality of the maps (level design director);
* Work in collaboration with the level artist to ensure that the level is playable and that the graphic elements support each other;
* Integrate new elements into the map as they are produced (new gameplay, AI, sound, etc.);
* Anticipate technical challenges and correct bugs entered into the database by testers whenever necessary;
* Carry out all other related tasks.
College diploma in video game level design and production or equivalent.
Minimum 5 years’ experience in video game level design and production or other relevant experience.
Skills and Knowledge
* Ability to work effectively as part of a team;
* Critical sense and analytical skills;
* Structure and rigour;
* User focus.