AT RELIC ENTERTAINMENT
Have you been through the trenches of game development and successfully created what looked to be impossible?
Can you lead the creative vision of a product and make it as amazing on screen as it is in your head?If so, our Game
Our Game Director role might be the perfect fit for you!
Relic Entertainment, a wholly owned studio of SEGA, is the award winning RTS developer of Homeworld, Dawn of War and Company of Heroes, and we’re on the hunt for a Game Director to join our team in Vancouver, Canada. As a studio, our role is to create a workplace where people are energized and empowered to not only do their best work but to continually surpass their best. We’ll push you out of your comfort zone to become the best version of you by giving you the ownership and creative freedom to solve our most challenging problems.
As an integral part of the development leadership team, you will be the driving force behind bringing the creative vision of the game to life. You will have an opportunity to work with a talented team to create, shape and build a world class player experience. A strong understanding of what resonates with players while inspiring those around you to produce a consistent vision of world, story, gameplay and tone will be key for rocking out in this role. You will also be known the industry for having an exceptional ability to inspire large teams, pitch and evangelize ideas in a larger-scale creative framework while executing on making a great AAA game.
As our Game Director you will…
- Play a key role in steering the strategic creative decisions of our franchise
- Ensure the creative vision of the game is fed into every aspect of gameplay, art, story, design, and cinematics
- Drive the team around creative goals
- Lead kickoffs that allow for new content ideas
- Create content briefs and outlines to guide art and content creation
- Team up with stakeholders to ensure that the game’s creative vision is reflected both in the game & outside of it
- Drive process improvement and practices that increase quality and accuracy
We’re looking for someone who has…
- 10+ years of experience shipping AAA titles in design roles
- Shipped multiple titles in a lead role with direction over design
- Previous experience as a Game Director or Creative Director
- Proven success from previously released titles
- An exceptional ability to communicate and pitch ideas
- An ability to inspire teams
- The skills to lead a team on gameplay, design, story, art, and content development
- Experience developing RTS games
What’s in it for you?
You will become part of the SEGA family (includes Creative Assembly, Sports Interactive, Amplitude Studios, and Hardlight Studio) which means you’ll have an opportunity to work on AAA games and learn a ton. We also offer top-notch benefits and perks, including an extensive extended health benefits plan, retirement savings plan, and support for any required relocation or immigration efforts. On top of that, we realize it takes world-class people to make world-class games so we offer competitive total compensation packages.
Please apply through our careers page! Make sure to tell us a bit about yourself and let us know why YOU would be a great fit for our team!
Regrettably, we are unable to interview all applicants. Please be patient while we review every application. We will get in touch with the applicants that best fit what we’re looking for, so please make sure you tell us about yourself and how you would like to contribute to our team.
Have you heard? We’re making Age of Empires IV!