Position at Amplitude Studios
Amplitude is a team of experienced quality driven video game lovers who want to create the finest strategy games with the help of their players!
Based in Paris and created in 2011, they have released Endless Space, Dungeon of the Endless and Endless Legend, all set in the same Endless Universe and all critically acclaimed.
They're renowned for doing things differently, the Games2Gether platform is a great example of this. It enables the community to participate in the creation of their video games from the early stages of development.
As a UI Designer, you will come and help us craft beautiful, accessible and ergonomic interfaces for our games!
- Create striking visuals for new interfaces and iterate with our art, design and GUI teams as well as our external UI design consultants.
- Implement a visual design mindful of player research, design & feature needs, feedback and style guide.
- Produce high-quality mockups for dev team review and iteration towards implementation.
- Collaborate with various teams to ensure interfaces and game interactions participate to create the best possible user experience.
- Actively propose visual enhancements to our games' and tools interfaces and document style direction.
Required experience & skills
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in graphic design or other related field
- Proficient with Photoshop and Illustrator
- First experience in video game industry in a similar or relevant position
- User-oriented with strong creative skills
- Strong interest for communication, autonomy, attention to details and organizational skills
- Excellent ability to work effectively within a team and interact with a large variety of profiles by understanding their limitations (developers, designers, artists…)
- Stay current on the latest UI trends, techniques and technologies
- Flexibility and adaptability to fast-paced iterations on the games
- Fully fluent or native in English
(Very) Welcome Bonuses!
- Able to create compelling icons
- Mastery of fonts and typography
- Working knowledge of French
- Passionate about strategy games
To apply, please send your CV and Cover Letter (and any other relevant materials demonstrating UI skills!)