You love working with teams to ensure they are focused, well organized and getting everything they need to deliver great work. You act as a force multiplier for the teams you help manage. You enjoy working with Producers to prioritize work, manage risks, and plan out different scenarios. A natural leader, you are perceptive, persuasive and exercise radical candor to support your teams. You have experience working with technical and non-technical people. Most importantly, you have an authentic passion to support people with their career development and look for ways to motivate them to deliver the best games in the industry.
Sound like a match? Kabam Vancouver is looking for a Development Director to join us in delivering titles such as Marvel: Contest of Champions and our recently released Transformers: Forged to Fight., 2017 Google Play Awards Winner for "Best Game".
We don’t just make games, we play and love them too.
You will contribute by:
- Partner with Executive Producer continuing to drive planning and execution to support a live game
- Playing a lead role in managing and cultivating the project teams and suggesting and leading process improvement initiatives studio-wide
- Advocating for employee career development by provide guidance and mentorship to the team, and making sure they have everything they need to shine in their position
- Suggesting and leading process improvement initiatives studio-wide
- Collaborating with key project stakeholders to establish and plan schedules and resource requirements based on project goals
- Identifying dependencies and priorities between tasks in partnership with the project teams
- Monitoring project progress within assigned budgets and managing any changes that impact the overall project schedule, budget and resources along with proper communication
- Ensuring the team is trained on the necessary skills, processes, and best practices
- Supporting an environment where staff understand how their daily work contributes to the company’s goals
- Solving problems, balance priorities, and find creative solutions which achieve results
At Kabam, we’re constantly raising the bar of excellence in free-to-play mobile gaming. We hire for passion and diversity so that together as a team we can triumph in our collective skill. Our teams are made up of a fusion of personalities and interests bound together by a collaborative nature, fun-loving culture and drive to do what it takes to make great games. And this is where you come in...
Your background includes:
- 7+ years of project management experience in entertainment and/or software development industry
- 3+ years in a leadership role with strong people management skills
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or certification in project management, with a focus on Agile methodologies
- Experience setting up and running project management tools such as JIRA, and also comfortable using resource management tools to track, model and analyze resource allocation
- Deep understanding of games as a service business model
- High degree of initiative and the ability to proactively identify opportunities to improve
You will be part of a high-performing team where individuals are constantly encouraged to voice out their ideas and opinions. You’ll help us build and operate great games through interaction with team members, peers, and product leadership. You enjoy elevating the team members to grow, learn, and delivery phenomenal work.
Excited by this opportunity? We invite you to apply and start the conversation with us.
Together, we can create and operate some of the best games ever made.