Producer & Designer
More information about this job:
Capcom Vancouver continues to develop new and exciting projects, and we’re growing in the process! With three unique projects in development, we’re recruiting smart, passionate and dedicated professionals to work with us on the next generation of video gaming.
Are you a design sensei and game guru? Do you have a remarkable acumen in all aspects of game design and development? Do you have noteworthy experience developing third-person action games? Are you well-versed in content-development tools and pipelines? Are you an inspiring leader who can make everyone around him/her a smarter and more engaged game developer? If so, we would like to talk to you about an exciting new Capcom title that is being developed in beautiful Vancouver, British Columbia.
Here at Capcom Vancouver, we are looking for individuals with exceptional skills in written, visual and verbal communication. Giving clear direction will be important, as you will be expected to drive the implementation of your designs across disciplines. We also believe that the ability to solicit and process feedback is as critical as the ability to generate and sell great game ideas. We need leaders who encourage creative contributions across the team and develop these ideas into clear designs that align with the high-level vision of the game.
- Partner with game team/studio leadership to develop and maintain a single vision for the project.
- Lead design staff in every aspect of development – concept, prototype, documentation, in-engine design, improvement, testing, balancing, tuning, and bug fixing.
- Be able to step into a project at any stage in development to help support, drive, and deliver a project to completion.
- Work directly with the development team to deliver strong, competitive core gameplay, level design, metagame, narrative, and branding for the project.
- Set and drive quality through clear goal-setting and design iteration.
- Adapt quickly to changing requirements, and provide multiple design solutions to problems.
- Create and refine development processes to maximize efficiency and results.
- A balanced approach in your design decision making to ensure creative alignment against the schedule/budget of the project
- Provide career management and mentoring for designers of all experience levels.
- Solicit, evaluate, and implement design feedback from all areas of the development team.
- Participate in the hiring process for key creative roles within the studio.
- Communicate in a clear, positive and professional manner with all levels of internal staff (Capcom Vancouver & worldwide) and external partners (outside Capcom).
- You have 8 - 10 years of applicable game design experience
- You are an expert in all major aspects of game design
- You have excellent leadership, communication, and presentation skills
- You have successfully shipped multiple 3rd person action/adventure titles in a design lead/director position
We thank all applicants for applying, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Get creative. Take risks. Push the boundaries of gaming. Be a member of an awesome team. We’re looking for the best game-makers to help pioneer the future of our industry. If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you.
About Capcom Vancouver
Located in Vancouver, Canada in a brand new facility conveniently located in the hub of North Burnaby, Capcom Vancouver continues to develop new and exciting projects with a passion in story-telling and content pushing boundaries.
And we’re growing in the process! With three unique projects in development, we’re recruiting smart, energetic, and dedicated professionals to work with us on our next franchise Triple A title.