Senior Software Engineer Platform
More information about this job:
How would you like to develop the premier mobile eSports platform for franchises such as Street Fighter, Mega Man or other top Capcom titles? This key role will play an important part in building this new platform, from initial launch through to expanding the platform to cover multiple exciting titles.
Beeline Interactive is a small and agile group with a strong entrepreneur spirit. Everyone’s work is noticed and appreciated without the feeling of being a cog in a faceless multitude. Combine this with the backing of our parent company, CAPCOM Entertainment, and you have a winning combination.
- You like to engineer solutions to hard problems. You don’t feel the need to reinvent the wheel. You like to take proven patterns and technology, and leverage it for your own needs.
- You like to learn, whether it’s technology or business, and apply that to the code you write.
- You own what you’ve built. You figure out how to make it better. And, when it breaks, you care about fixing it.
- You play nice with others, jump in and help where needed, and take responsibility for your work.
In this role, you will:
- Be a core member of the development team and own significant portions of the platform code. You’ll design and implement, refactor and test, and help support it when it’s running in production.
- Work with product management to understand the requirements, with devops to deliver the platform, and game teams to support their integration.
- Work closely with other engineers and engineering management to design, plan, and build, and actively participate in an agile work environment.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- 8+ years of software development, focus on internet applications and platforms.
- 5+ years with Ruby on Rails (ruby v2.3.4+, rails v4.2+)
- Strong data storage experience with SQL and NoSQL stores.
- Experience building systems with good reliability, high-availability, disaster recovery, and strong security.
- Experience with building, deploying and running applications in AWS.
- Experience working in an agile distributed environment (feedback, CI/CD, iterations).