Senior Gameplay Animator
More information about this job:
Capcom Game Studio Vancouver is looking for a Gameplay Animator that is passionate about third person perspective action games, tight gameplay mechanics, challenging combat, and highly detailed, mocap-based gameplay animations. Do you have a great understanding of timing in video games and the technical problem solving ability needed to troubleshoot gameplay related issues? Then you could be the person we're looking for.
- Animating and designing gameplay features for main characters and NPCs.
- Work closely with the gameplay team to meet gameplay directives.
- Providing direction and guidance to other animators when needed.
- Work both as a team player and individually when required.
- Solve problems and bug fix.
- Partner with project managers to develop schedules and estimates.
- Excellent animation skills including both hand key and mocap.
- 5+ years of experience with gameplay
- Experience with mocap directing and working with data.
- Experience with Motion Builder.
- Has shipped at least one AAA title.
- Highly driven and passionate about high quality gameplay animation.
- Uses and manages time effectively.
- Communicates in a clear, positive and professional manner.
- Experience performing motion capture.
- Good motor skills and acting abilities.
- Experience in using Unreal Engine 4
PERSONAL SAMPLE WORK REQUIRED: Demo reel showing realistic and exaggerated animation of humans and creatures is preferred. Cartoon animation is not what we are looking for. Online reels are preferred, but CD or DVD formatted reels can be forwarded to: Capcom Game Studio Vancouver, Inc. - #1000 – 2025 Willingdon Avenue, Burnaby, BC, Canada V5C 0J3
We thank all applicants for applying, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Get creative. Take risks. Push the boundaries of gaming. Be a member of an awesome team. We’re looking for the best game-makers to help pioneer the future of our industry. If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you.