More information about this job:
Capcom Vancouver continues to develop new and exciting projects, and we’re growing in the process! With three unique projects in development, we’re recruiting smart, passionate and dedicated professionals to work with us on the next generation of video gaming.
We are looking for a highly capable video editor who can capture game footage and edit video game trailers to the highest standard. If you have experience with both drama and documentary and able to craft a compelling narrative, then you might be who we need... This is a hands on position, capturing footage alone or working with a team of capture artists and then editing a high quality trailer.
Storytelling has always been a huge part of our games, this role will require that you can communicate the varied content and excitement of our games quickly and succinctly into an engaging and memorable 60 second format.
- Creation of trailers for marketing Assets.
- Create/Edit In game tutorials/skill trees/small assets
- Through trailers communicate “Big Picture” visual elements of the game.
- Editing screenshots.
- Develop and maintain documentation of process, pipelines and schedules.
- Champion ongoing improvements of process and tools and drive pipelines from creation to final.
- Complete tasks aligned with project needs and milestones.
- Understand, support and participate in project planning and schedules.
- Own area of expertise and be “go to person” for the team.
- Work closely with Art Director & Creative Director to realize a specific vision.
- 1 - 4 years’ experience in video editing.
- Experience with Photoshop, Illustrator, Adobe Premiere, After effects
- Experience with Unreal Engine and Unity 3D.
- Diploma in art/related field, or equivalent experience.
- A breadth of knowledge regarding games/games industry.
- Game console development experience is preferred.
- This role is not open to out of town candidates - Local candidates only
WORK/PORTFOLIO SAMPLES REQUIRED
We thank all applicants for applying, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Get creative. Take risks. Push the boundaries of gaming. Be a member of an awesome team. We’re looking for the best game-makers to help pioneer the future of our industry. If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you.
Capcom Game Studio Vancouver is internationally known and recognized for our development of the highly successful Dead Rising franchise.