UI DESIGNER (F/M)
CHIMERA ENTERTAINMENT GMBH
The company that brought you Angry Birds Epic!
Chimera is looking for a talented UI Designer to join our growing creative team.The UI Designer is responsible for the graphic design, layout and functionality of game interfaces on all platforms. The ideal candidate possesses a deep understanding of contemporary graphic design, games and their interfaces.
Your responsibilities will include:
- designing and integrating user interfaces for our games from concept to completion
- making complex information understandable and formulate design concepts that are engaging, attractive, and user-friendly.
- being responsible for the look and feel, information flow and visual aesthetics of our user interface
- ensuring that the look and feel of the UI remains consistent
- working together with the Art Director, Creative Director and Tech Artists to develop and maintain guidelines and restrictions for User Interface design
- working closely with our Technical Artists to implement the UI artwork into the game
- creating, maintaining and taking responsibility for documentation and writing UI guidelines
Who are we looking for:
- You are able to take ideas and transform them into beautiful, intuitive, and functional user interfaces.
- You are able to quickly grasp and distill highly complex user design issues into clean, understandable solutions
- You have a natural eye for layout, typography, composition, color, and spacing
- You are able to create highly polished user interfaces in different styles for different platforms
- You have the ability to create art assets/icons that match existing branding.
- You are up-to-date with the latest UI trends, techniques, and technologies
- UI design experience with published products / shipped games
- Portfolio showing strong graphic design sensibilities
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
- Proficiency in Photoshop and Illustrator
The ideal candidate also has:
- Experience in integrating user interfaces in game engines like Unity
- Good understanding of technical connections, innovative technologies and programming or scripting langues
- Experience with motion graphics a plus
- Experience in creating 3D Assets for UI a Plus
We offer you:
You will create high-quality, visually appealing games within an experienced, international and flexible team of about 50 people.
As a successful and ambitious company with a sustainable and transparent leadership style, all of our employees work with
dedication and a team-first attitude. Working on state-of-the-art projects with high-profile partners, this will be your opportunity
to grow and expand your knowledge within the games industry in a professional and friendly atmosphere.