Wargaming Sydney, the Australian branch of Wargaming, is seeking a Junior Software Engineer to join our team. In this role, you will work closely on features to be actively used within production games played by millions of people.
BigWorld Technology is the product of a creative, dynamic and innovative team working in an environment that is challenging, exciting and constantly evolving.
What you will do:
- Work on our Linux-based server back-end, a distributed processing software architecture that can handle millions of concurrent players in an online world
- Work directly with game studios located around the world, to help support their games that are in production or still in development
- Technical competence in your language of choice (ideally C++)
- The ability to work in a highly collaborative team environment
- A proactive approach towards asking for assistance and calling out problems, at both a technical and team level
- An interest in server-side architectures and back-end stack development
- Curiosity in the world around you and a desire to continue learning
- Unity/Android/iOS platform development experience
- Demonstrable knowledge of TCP/IP, UDP/IP, sockets and network programming
- MMO engine or production game development experience
- Linux/Unix server environment experience
We think these are some of the really good things about where we work:
- We are conveniently located near the Central Station
- We have a casual dress code and flexible working hours
- We work on challenging projects
- We have a games room with multiple game consoles, table tennis, and guitars
- Our kitchen is stocked with good coffee machines, more tea than you can handle, and a constant supply of fresh fruit
- We pride ourselves on a positive and friendly team environment
At Wargaming Sydney, we offer all our employees a comprehensive benefits package including discounted private health care, subsidized fitness/gym memberships, breakfast provided every day, a weekly company-provided lunch, and more.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome all races, religions and genders. We have zero tolerance for workplace bullying, discrimination, and harassment.
Please only apply for this role if you are authorized to work in Australia and hold the correct visa. Only successful applicants will be contacted.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES PLEASE.
Please apply using the link on this page or forward your resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org to embark on your career with Wargaming!