The Spanish Localization Specialist will work alongside the localization lead to deliver translation, proofreading and other language services. This is a full time, salary based position for someone who will be a core member of the localization team. He or she will also work closely with fellow team members from various departments on all editorial facets of our products. This requires a high level of knowledge regarding native slang, phraseologies, and nuances in the language of expertise. The right candidate must be willing to complete test pieces as a part of the recruitment process.
· Translating and Editing of ingame content, templates, press releases, and all product-related text in the language of expertise.
· Editing of grammar, punctuation, spelling, style, and language-specific slang in the language of expertise.
· Ensuring consistency regarding the use of terminology and style in the language of expertise.
· Proofreading and revising related copies in the language of expertise.
· Interacting with fellow localization editors as well as team members and project coordinators from various departments outside of the localization department on a daily basis.
· Reporting of project status and project progress to the Localization Lead on a regular basis.
Desired Skills and Experience
· Native/bilingual Spanish speaker
· Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, in English
· Experience in a similar role
· Several years of gaming translation experience
· Knowledge of common CAT tools such as Memsource, MemoQ, Trados and/or similar
· Able to work independently and cross-functionally
· Able to work within given timeframes and tight schedules
· Passion for and experience in gaming
· Experience of the fantasy lore and its common glossary
What do we offer?
· An exciting job in a very dynamic and agile process environment with short decision paths
· International, highly motivated team with many years of experience in the gaming business, pulling together into the same direction
· Possibility for growth within the business environment and to work on prospective projects in the future
· Financial support for public transportation and health care
· Office is in Amstelveen, the Netherlands.
· We look forward to receiving your application including a cover letter and CV.
· Please include what the earliest starting date would be and your salary expectation.
· Mobile application doesn’t include CV, therefore please apply with computer.
· This position is for 1 year contract and open to contract renewal after 1 year, depending on the performance of the candidate.