Ubisoft is committed to enriching players’ lives with original & memorable entertainment experiences. We build worlds that are a playground for the imagination, offering moments of surprise, fun and adventure as well as opportunities for learning and self-discovery. At Ubisoft, you’ll grow and collaborate with highly talented teams from around the world. Our massively friendly work environment will inspire you to go above and beyond to create worlds people will fall in love with. Whether as an elite spy, a master assassin, or a fearless explorer, we put the player at the heart of all our games.
Ubisoft Entertainment, a global leader in the video games and entertainment software industry, is currently seeking a Senior Corporate Public Relations Manager. This role reports to the Senior Director of Corporate Public Relations, and will regularly work with other members of Ubisoft’s communications and PR teams, as well as marketing teams, subject-matter experts, spokespeople and top management. The person in this role will aid in achieving Ubisoft’s business objectives and the International Communications team’s goals of improving company awareness, affinity and engagement among media, influencers and players.
- Communications campaign leadership: Ideating and managing long-term communications campaigns on topics core to the company’s needs and values. This includes creating relevant and timely pitches that generate stories in earned media, developing and executing campaigns on Ubisoft’s owned and social media channels, and working with stakeholders across the company to create relevant content and opportunities.
- Crisis communications management: Anticipate, identify and plan for potential crises and issues that could arise related to the company’s business and reputation. Support the development of crisis response processes, scenarios and teams, and be the point communications contact when a crisis or issue occurs, helping mitigate risk and deliver positive outcomes whenever possible.
- Event communications support: Aid in the development and implementation of corporate events and PR tied to our presence at key industry events. Identify and secure impactful speaking engagements for Ubisoft executives, assist in their preparation and delivery. Additionally help develop timely and relevant content for owned and social media channels.
- Communications network development: Field and facilitate responses to press requests and support relationships with key media, in-country PR leads and internal content teams. Develop connections with internal subject matter experts. Lead recurring PR network meetings, and oversee regular coverage and performance reporting. Create and maintain processes and tools that improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the global PR network.
The person in this role should have an analytical mind and creative spirit, the ability and initiative to tackle tasks big and small, attention to detail, and dedication to driving results. They also should possess intellectual curiosity, and a strong interest in the video game industry and the evolving field of public relations. Also, this role requires:
- 4-6 years of previous communications or public relations experience.
- Native or fluent English and French, with excellent oral and written communication skills in both languages. Additional languages are a bonus.
- Previous professional experience in the video game industry or a related industry.
- Excellent understanding of social media platforms, with strategy or planning experience on digital campaigns a plus.
- Impeccable organization, time management and self-sufficiency.
- A university degree. Degrees in journalism, English or communications are preferred. Advanced degrees are a plus.
- A team player with a can-do attitude and a sense of humor. An appreciation of baked goods, cheese, chocolate, cocktails or wine is big plus.