To design and implement code and script as needed for a project, in accordance with schedules agreed upon with the Technical Lead.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Work closely with fellow Software Engineers and members of other disciplines on the project team.
- Ensure that the Technical Lead is aware of the progress of assigned work.
- Alert the Technical Lead of any issues that could disrupt agreed-upon schedules.
- Implement code and script to the required coding standards.
- Ensure that components are designed and reviewed prior to implementation.
- Achieve ingame performance targets as required by Production.
- High quality work delivered on time.
- Positive working relationships fostered with other team members from all disciplines.
Essential Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Passion for video games
- Willingness to learn new tools, engines and languages
- Practical experience programming in C++
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Self-motivated and willingness to take initiative
- Demonstrated ability in written and verbal communication
- Strong team player
- Fundamental math skills (matrices, vectors, algebra, etc)
- Computer Science (or similar) Graduate, and two years of relevant experience
Desirable Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Interest in specific game programming disciplines (i.e. artificial intelligence, rendering, user interface, audio, etc.)
- Experience with 3D graphics programming (Shaders, DirectX, OpenGL)
- Experience working on video games
- Experience with Windows programming
- Advanced knowledge in math and physics
Starting Salary of $44,000
Address: 37 Hall Street, Lunenburg, Nova Scotia, B0J 2C0 Canada