Splash Damage is looking for a Tools programmer for an exciting and ambitious new unannounced project. As a Tools Programmer, you will be creating, extending and maintaining a variety of game production tools and pipelines built with and alongside Unreal Engine 4. This is a role that spans a lot of different areas, from build systems to Unreal Engine 4 Editor development to standalone and/or web-based applications. You will h ave the ability to combine your broad technical knowledge of various tech stacks and engines with your ability to analyse problems and requirements from an end-user's point of view to create software solutions that are flexible, purposeful and user-friendly.
Programmers at Splash Damage excel in taking ownership of their work and autonomously driving it to completion. We work effectively in open and collaborative environments, and employ our can-do attitude to solve difficult problems as a team. Our teams are agile, fast-moving and highly focused, consisting of cross-disciplinary members. We strive to ensure that our games provide the best possible player experience at all times, as well as being built with best-in-class tools, pipelines and processes.
- Strong practical knowledge of C++ and C#, with relevant professional experience
- Practical and demonstrable experience with engine and tools programming to production standard
- An eye for UX and UI design
- The ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical team members.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to self-organise.
- The people skills to work collaboratively with an agile multi-disciplinary team.
Even better if you have:
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4 at source code level
- Experience with C# and WPF
- Experience with Perforce
- Experience with Build systems/Continuous integration, ideally TeamCity
- Experience with Python
- Experience with developing for industry standard content creation packages (3DStudio/Maya/Photoshop/FBX/…)
- Passion for making great games
Perks & Benefits
Alongside our brand-new headquarters, stocked up drinks fridge and a never-ending supply of coffee, all of our roles come complete with the following perks and benefits:
- Private medical insurance that will covers you, your partner, and children
- Private dental insurance that significantly reduces cost of dentistry for you, your partner, and children
- Pension scheme where the company matches your contribution
- Complimentary gym membership
- Free eye tests + discounted glasses
- Quarterly revenue share after 1 year of service
- Brand new state of the art office
- Life drawing classes, and massage allowance
- Free fruit juices and soft drinks + Beer and pastries on a Friday.
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Employee assistance program
- Referral fee
Find out more on our Perks & Benefits page.
Splash Damage offers a fun, friendly and relaxed working environment. Everyone here shares a passion for video games / shooting people in the face and that shows in daily office life. We also regularly get together for social events like pub quizzes, cinema nights, football, and company parties.
Find out more on our Culture page.