The Online Programming team at Splash Damage is responsible for designing, implementing and maintaining systems to support our award winning live-service multiplayer games.
We work closely with the design, UI and online services teams to craft client-side support for external services and APIs such as matchmaking, VOIP, profile and social interaction systems. We are also responsible for creating and maintaining client-side support for analytics and telemetry, to ensure that we know exactly what's going on in our games at all times. In addition, we collaborate closely with the gameplay and design teams to seamlessly connect game features with external services.
Online Programmers at Splash Damage excel in taking ownership of features and autonomously driving them to completion. We work effectively in open and collaborative environments, and employ our can-do attitude to solve difficult problems as a team. Our teams are agile, fast-moving and highly focused. We strive to ensure that our games are robust and error-tolerant, aiming to provide the best possible player experience at all times.
- Strong practical knowledge of C++, with relevant professional experience.
- Demonstrable experience interacting with external APIs and services within a large and robust system.
- The ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical team members.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to self-organise.
- The people skills to work collaboratively within a team.
Even better if you have:
- Experience developing supporting systems for online games such as VOIP, profile services, matchmaking, social interaction systems and telemetry.
- Experience working closely with design teams to elicit requirements and design supporting systems.
- Experience working in all phases of game development, from feature design and implementation to bug-fixing.
- Professional Unreal Engine development experience.
- Experience developing and working with asynchronous systems.
Perks & Benefits
Alongside our brand-new headquarters, stocked up drinks fridge and a never-ending supply of coffee, all of our roles come complete with the following perks and benefits:
- Private medical insurance that will covers you, your partner, and children
- Private dental insurance that significantly reduces cost of dentistry for you, your partner, and children
- Pension scheme where the company matches your contribution
- Complimentary gym membership
- Free eye tests + discounted glasses
- Quarterly revenue share after 1 year of service
- Brand new state of the art office
- Life drawing classes, and massage allowance
- Free fruit juices and soft drinks + Beer and pastries on a Friday.
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Employee assistance program
- Referral fee
Find out more on our Perks & Benefits page.
Splash Damage offers a fun, friendly and relaxed working environment. Everyone here shares a passion for video games / shooting people in the face and that shows in daily office life. We also regularly get together for social events like pub quizzes, cinema nights, football, and company parties.
Find out more on our Culture page.