PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
Frontier Developments is looking to recruit a Maintenance Technician to assist with the day to day maintenance within a busy games development studio. The successful will be working closely with our current Maintenance Technician to provide 1st response to engineering faults, reactive and planned maintenance activities and general repairs.
• Carry out planned maintenance across the site in an accurate, timely and safe manner ensuring maintenance procedures and safe systems of work are followed
• Monitoring of Building Management System to respond to faults and alarms
• Ensuring that statutory maintenance and testing obligations are undertaken and records kept up to date
• Reporting faults during building defect period
• Supervising hard and soft FM contractors ensuring that they are health and safety compliant and follow site rules
• Responding to site requests via helpdesk system including but not limited to heating and ventilation and general site requests
• Statutory testing on building systems including but not limited to fire alarm and emergency lighting systems and recording of testing
• Supervising security alarm maintenance visits
• Performing daily housekeeping around the site ensuring that plant rooms are kept tidy
• Requirement to occasionally work out of hours when maintenance tasks cannot be completed during core hours
• Portable Appliance Testing
• General handyman tasks as an when required
• Dealing with plumbing and drainage issues
• Car park maintenance and tidying as and when required
• Assisting with manual handling, moving furniture and other items as and when required whilst assisting with internal desk moves.
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Ability deal confidently with external contractors to ensure that Frontier Developments receives a good level of service
• Willingness to work flexibly as part of a small team
• Pro-active approach and can-do attitude
• Practical and hands-on approach to problem solving.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
• Experience in a similar role providing maintenance services to a busy office building
• Experience using Building Management Systems
• Experience dealing with external suppliers and contractors
• Portable Appliance Testing Certificate
• Good IT skills
• Full Driving licence.
• A basic understanding health and safety in relation this role
• Knowledge of legionella prevention and control
• Knowledge of HVAC systems would be advantageous.