The Senior 3D animator breathes life into our products by creating animations for characters (human and non-
human), weapons, vehicles and objects, as well as special events, scripted sequences and cut-scenes.
- Define animation style in collaboration with Art Director and Lead Artist;
- Set up an animation pipeline and teach other artists how to use it;
- Create animations within technical-, creative- and time constraints;
- Collaborate with other disciplines to deliver game-engine ready assets;
- Build motion/blend trees in the game engine (Unity and/or UE4).
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 2+ Years of game industry experience;
- A solid understanding of (body) motion, physics, IK and FK;
- A keen eye for movement, squash and stretch, anticipation, overshoot, follow-through etc.;
- A portfolio showcasing a variety of high quality 3D animations, such as characters, animals, robots and sequences;
- Proficiency in Maya and its animation tools.
BONUS SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Ability to rig and skin 3D models;
- Knowledge of scripting;
- Experience with special effects, custom shaders and particle systems;
- 2D Animation skills.
- Working in a creative and quality driven environment with enthusiastic colleagues;
- A great spot to learn and share knowledge;
- Benefits according to experience and job;
- A healthy work-life balance;
- Studio location in the heart of Amsterdam.
For this vacancy we only consider candidates that are eligible to work in the EU (no visa required).