The Technical/FX Artist focuses on technically challenging art tasks by both creating assets (such as particle FX) and supporting the art team (with rigs, shaders, scripts etc). The ideal candidate is also able to model and texture 3D objects, build levels etc.
WHAT'S THIS JOB ALL ABOUT?
- Set up and maintain the art production workflow and pipeline;
- Train other artists in best practices, tools and processes;
- Collaborate with all disciplines to ensure art is within gameplay- and technical limitations;
- Evaluate where art team loses time and propose solutions such as macros, scripts etc.;
- Create 3D assets, rigs, shaders, special effects, particle systems etc.
WHICH SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE DO YOU NEED?
- A solid understanding of rendering theory and 3D engines (Unity and/or UE4);
- Good communication skills with team of artists, programmers and game designers;
- Strong technical insight; from content creation to getting it to run in a game;
- An affinity with workflow optimization; writing scripts and tools that make life easier;
- Modeling abilities, both in high- and low-polygon resolution.
NICE TO HAVES
- Knowledge of MEL and Python;
- Programming skills in C++ and/or C#;
- Understanding of CGFX and/or HLSL shader languages.
HOW ABOUT YOU AS A PERSON?
- You have an interest in both technical systems and aesthetics, and how they influence each other;
- You are able to analyze, solve and document workflow- and pipeline issues;
- Your background is in games or related fields, with multiple years of experience.
WHAT DO YOU GET?
- Working in a creative and quality driven environment with enthusiastic colleagues;
- A great spot to learn and share knowledge;
- Benefits according to experience and job;
- A healthy work-life balance;
- Studio location in the heart of Amsterdam.
For this vacancy we only consider candidates that are eligible to work in the EU (no visa required).