As a Senior Character Artist, you create detailed 3D human(oid)s, animals, creatures, robots and other characters for our VR and AR productions.
WHAT'S THIS JOB ALL ABOUT?
- Create highly detailed character sculpts, models, textures and shaders;
- Build or assist in the rigging and skinning process of the characters;
- Integrate the characters into the game with the help of designers, programmers and animators;
- Mentor other artists and interns in best practices, processes, and procedures.
WHICH SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE DO YOU NEED?
- 3+ Years of game industry experience;
- Advanced working- and technical knowledge of Maya and Z-Brush;
- Experience with UE4, including use of PBR materials;
- Ability to create realistic and stylized models;
- Ability to work from reference materials, such as photography or concept art;
- Good use of light, shadow, color and form in both geometry and texturing.
NICE TO HAVES
- VR experience;
- Ability to make concept art;
- Character animation skills;
- Passionate player of games with an ability to analyze competitive products for their strengths and weaknesses.
HOW ABOUT YOU AS A PERSON?
- You are experienced in creating and implementing high quality 3D game content;
- You are creative, able to work from concept art and references while being able to fill in the gaps or improve upon designs;
- Ideally you have 3+ years of game industry experience in or close to a senior role.
WHAT DO YOU GET?
- Working in a creative and quality driven environment with enthusiastic colleagues;
- A great spot to learn and share knowledge;
- Benefits according to experience and job;
- A healthy work-life balance;
- Studio location in the heart of Amsterdam.
For this vacancy we only consider candidates that are eligible to work in the EU (no visa required).