As a senior environment artist you create high-quality 3D assets and build, populate and light complete levels that meet the needs of the design team. You also mentor and guide less experienced artists and interns.
WHAT'S THIS JOB ALL ABOUT?
- Assist the Lead Artist in setting the bar for graphical style and quality of assets and levels;
- Create complex low and high resolution 3D models and textures;
- Build, populate and light levels from mockup to polished state;
- Mentor 3D artists and interns in best practices, processes, and procedures;
WHICH SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE DO YOU NEED?
- 2+ Years of game industry experience;
- Advanced working- and technical knowledge of Maya, Z-Brush and/or Mudbox;
- Experience with Unity and/or UE4, including use of PBR materials;
- A portfolio showcasing great looking levels/environments;
- Good use of light, shadow, color and form in both geometry and texturing.
NICE TO HAVES
- Rigging and skinning (for vehicles, vegetation etc.);
- Scripting (MEL, Python);
- Ability to create VFX (shaders, particle systems etc.);
HOW ABOUT YOU AS A PERSON?
- You are experienced with working in an agile/scrum development environment;
- You are a passionate player of games with an ability to analyze competitive products for their strengths and weaknesses.
WHAT DO YOU GET?
- Working in a creative and quality driven environment with enthusiastic colleagues;
- A great spot to learn and share knowledge;
- Benefits according to experience and job;
- A healthy work-life balance;
- Studio location in the heart of Amsterdam.
For this vacancy we only consider candidates that are eligible to work in the EU (no visa required).