About Splash Damage
Splash Damage is famous for crafting blockbuster multiplayer experiences from our studio in Greater London. Our recent projects include multiplayer shooter Dirty Bomb and Gears of War 4.
We're currently expanding for exciting new projects on PC and console, and are looking for talented superstars to help build them.
We look after our staff with a comprehensive package of perks and benefits, and have been awarded The Sunday Times's Best Companies accreditation three years running. Come join us!
We are looking for an Associate Data Scientist that will aid in the analysis of player gameplay data and help build dashboard/reporting tools to highlight player behaviour.
This role will focus on analysing player behaviour within Dirty Bomb gaming services and working with development teams that produce the services and game content. Within this role, the Analyst is expected to provide statistical analysis based on available player data, conduct exploratory analysis work to find interesting player behaviour trends, produce ad hoc/weekly/monthly reports detailing findings and help build visual dashboards or reporting tools that development team can use for making decisions about their games' performance.
You are expected to work closely with development teams to review usage behaviour of new service features and help drive changes to both our game and game related services. This position is an extension of the Design Team and will report to the Associate Creative Director.
Responsibilities at a Glance
- Manage analytics projects and customer expectations
- Deliver presentations on analytics topics and results
- Analyse gamer behaviour and patterns to drive engagement, conversion & monetization strategies
- Understand complex data attributes and constraints to develop efficient models
- Engage in predictive model development, deployment, and performance tracking and validation
- Develop robust statistical models to support immediate and long-term business decisions, and provide recommendations to satisfy business needs
- Work with game developers to identify key performance metrics and benchmarks related to user behaviour, user segmentation, and user retention
- Work closely with the live game teams to optimize play balance, game economies, and to identify and close out funnels & exploits
- Mine current game data and user trends to inform the production of the next generation of products. Evaluate and quantify the effects of ongoing changes to games through statistical methods
- Effectively communicate with other members of the team to build and implement statistical models
Required Skills and Experience
- BA/BS degree with technical focus (e.g. computer science, physics)
- Software prototyping and development skills (e.g. Python, Java, version control, unit testing, build and continuous deployment tools)
- Experience building supervised and unsupervised data models
- Experience with relational and non-relational databases (e.g. Postgres, Cassandra, Redis) and working knowledge of SQL and data transformations
- Strong Experience with Tableau (including experience in initial deployment)
Desired Skills and Experience
- MS or PhD degree preferred
- Some experience in the following areas is desirable:
- Microservice application architecture (e.g. Mesos, Marathon, Kubernetes)
- Virtualized/containerized environments (e.g. EC2, Docker)
- Streaming data (e.g. Kafka, Kinesis)
Perks & Benefits
Alongside our brand-new headquarters, stocked up drinks fridge and a never-ending supply of coffee, all of our roles come complete with the following perks and benefits:
- Private medical insurance that will covers you, your partner, and children
- Private dental insurance that significantly reduces cost of dentistry for you, your partner, and children
- Pension scheme where the company matches your contribution
- Complimentary gym membership
- Free eye tests + discounted glasses
- Quarterly revenue share after 1 year of service
- Brand new state of the art office
- Life drawing classes, and massage allowance
- Free fruit juices and soft drinks + Beer and pastries on a Friday.
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Employee assistance programme
- Referral fee
Find out more on our Perks & Benefits page.
Splash Damage offers a fun, friendly and relaxed working environment. Everyone here shares a passion for video games and that shows in daily office life. We also regularly get together for social events like pub quizzes, cinema nights, football, and company parties.
Find out more on our Culture page.