UI Designers at Splash Damage turn complicated concepts and systems into intuitive and engaging experiences that enable players to interact with our game worlds and each other.
Applying user-centred design methodologies, UI Designers take ownership of UI features and drive them to completion. They create user flows, wireframes, interactive prototypes, and effectively apply colour theory and design principles to craft visual designs with a high degree of polish. After delivering mock-ups and design specs, they review the implementation to ensure it matches their vision, and use feedback from user testing to drive iteration as needed.
UI Designers are collaborative by nature and enjoy working with others to develop concepts and ideas. They see new challenges as opportunities to develop their own skills and are keen to keep honing their technical ability and expertise. UI Designers are selfless individuals who never lose sight of who they're ultimately designing for - our players.
We believe that leveling up our skills is an essential part of the job and offer regular training opportunities and mentorship to all our UI designers.
- A solid background in UI design; you've worked on at least one commercial product for a significant period of its development and are comfortable working in Photoshop and Illustrator
- Fluency in current design and typographical trends, with a keen eye for composition, clarity and usability
- A can-do attitude and strong interpersonal skills; you love collaborating with others to craft solutions and can provide constructive feedback when asked
- Solid time management and organisational skills; you can get the job done without close supervision
- Good communication and presentation skills; you're able to present ideas clearly and confidently both internally and to external partners
- A real passion for UI and clear enthusiasm for games
Even better if you have:
- Prior game development experience
- Experience with UI prototyping tools such as Adobe XD, Axure, Invision, or similar
- Experience visualising UI animations in AfterEffects or Flash
About Splash Damage
Located in the London borough of Bromley, Splash Damage is all about crafting the world's most engaging multiplayer experiences. Our recent projects include our multiplayer shooter Dirty Bomb as well as Gears of War 4. We're growing our studio for exciting new projects on PC and console, and are looking for talented and passionate developer to help create them.
We look after our staff with a comprehensive package of perks and benefits, and have been awarded The Sunday Times's Best Companies accreditation three years running.
We believe our teams create better experiences when they have a range of perspectives and opinions to draw from, and we are committed to increasing diversity across our studio to consistently enable that.