About Dirty Bomb & Splash Damage
Dirty Bomb takes first person shooters back to their purest roots in a fast-paced team game that will challenge even the most competent players. It's the latest evolution in the multiplayer gameplay that Splash Damage has become known for, and is a product of our lifelong passion for hardcore multiplayer gaming!
Splash Damage is an independently-owned studio just outside of the CDA Containment Wall around London, and we're all about crafting engaging multiplayer experiences. We're now expanding our Dirty Bomb team to take it to another level, and are looking for superstars to help us make it happen.
We are looking for a talented Concept Artist with a focus on characters to add to our team, to help us achieve the quality we strive for on our current title "Dirty Bomb" and on future titles. Working closely with our Leads you will be tasked with developing creatures and characters from the initial concept stages through to polished production illustrations. You should be experienced in both design and illustration and you should have a strong understanding of art fundamentals like anatomy, form, function, perspective, light and design.
Responsibilities at a Glance
- Create high quality photo-realistic production concepts by painting in Photoshop.
- Iterate on ideas using quick sketches and thumbnails.
- Create clear communicative illustrations of finalized designs.
- Work with the Art Director and Art Team to create and maintain high quality visual designs.
- Collaborate with the design team to solve problems where art and design meet.
Required Skills and Experience
- Excellent understand of concepting characters and their anatomy, clothing and personality.
- Great artistic skills and demonstrable application of colour and light in painting.
- Strong sense of design and composition and a good eye for detail and scale.
- Ability to create functional designs.
- Good communication ability to receive and provide clear feedback.
- Passion for game development and working closely with other disciplines.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Strong traditional artistic skills
- Previous experience of relevant character concept work
- Good self-motivation and self-management skills.
- Previously shipped video game titles.
- Knowledge and experience of multiplayer games.
Perks & Benefits
Alongside our brand-new headquarters, stocked up drinks fridge and a never-ending supply of coffee, all of our roles come complete with the following perks and benefits:
- Splash Damage Developer Obsidian Loadout Cards!!1!one1!
- The occasional tasty treat from our wonderful fan base
- Private medical insurance that will cover you, your partner, and children
- Private dental insurance that significantly reduces cost of dentistry for you, your partner, and children
- Pension scheme where the company matches your contribution
- Complimentary gym membership
- Free eye tests + discounted glasses
- Quarterly revenue share after 1 year of service
- Brand new state of the art office
- Life drawing classes, and massage allowance
- Free fruit juices and soft drinks + Beer and pastries on a Friday.
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Employee assistance program
- Referral fee
Find out more on our Perks & Benefits page.
Splash Damage offers a fun, friendly and relaxed working environment. Everyone here shares a passion for video games / shooting people in the face and that shows in daily office life. We also regularly get together for social events like pub quizzes, cinema nights, football, and company parties.
Find out more on our Culture page.