We're looking for a Programmer (f/m) for one of our studios:
stillalive studios is an ambitions game development team that got together in early 2010 in Innsbruck (Austria). Over the years they mastered the distributed nature of our team and since 2015 there even is an office in Innsbruck housing half of members. They focus on exciting core games for PC/Mac/Linux, and have experience with Unity, Unreal, Steam, VR, Eyetracking, BCI and much more..
The kind of stuff you’ll be doing:
- Design, implement and test front-end and back-end game systems & logic
- Work on awesome core games for Steam
- Work with two major game-engines: Unity5 and Unreal4
- Work with state-of-the-art tools & workflows (VS, ReSharper, …)
- Work with a competent and enthusiastic team of indie-game-devs
- Collaborate remotely with other team-members
Who are we looking for:
- You have good knowledge with either Unity or UE4
- You have good working knowledge of C# and C++
- You know how game-engines work internally – it’s not just a black box
- You love playing video games, especially PC games!
- Solid math knowledge (linear algebra, geometry)
- You know about OOP and are familiar with (code) design patterns
- You can work self-directed and reliably
- You like working in a team, solving problems together
- You have good communication skills in English both verbally and in writing
The ideal candidate also has:
- You have professional work-experience in the games industry
- You participated in one or more complete game development cycles
- You worked with versioning systems like SVN or GIT
- You know about DOD
- You speak German
- You have experience with performance optimizations (e.g. parallelization)
- Solid basic physics knowledge (especially kinematics)
- You know how to write shaders (GLSL, HLSL or Cg)
Addtional Note: This is a full-time position that is available right away!
Legal Note (req. by Austrian Law): In case of an employment you’d be categorized as “Spezielle Tätigkeit 1” of the “IT Kollektivvertrag”.