About Splash Damage
Splash Damage is an independently-owned studio on the outskirts of London, and we're all about crafting engaging multiplayer experiences. In the last year, we've launched our multiplayer shooter Dirty Bomb on PC and Gears of War: Ultimate Edition on Xbox One. We're now working on several high-profile projects on PC and console and are looking for talented artists to help make them great.
As a Senior Technical Artist, you will be responsible for helping to lead, plan and implement solutions for the art team. You will set great examples and help mentor more junior Technical Artists in order to maintain a consistently high standard of support across all disciplines within the studio.
You will represent Splash Damage's art team on all issues related to art production, and work closely with all other teams in assisting with the technical implementation and management of in-house and outsourced assets.
You should have a pragmatic and practical approach to working with technology, with experience working to technical limits and ensuring the art team adheres to these targets. During day-to-day work, you would be handling a diverse range of work including workflow processes, tools, optimization, planning, documentation and bug-fixing.
As a Senior Technical Artist, you will:
- Assist with planning and organisation of game and editor features.
- Support the development team technically and artistically.
- Prototype, develop and improve art pipelines.
- Assist the programming team with implementing art-related tools and features.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Great communication and people-management skills.
- Strong problem-solving and can-do attitude.
- Good knowledge of Unreal Engine 4.
- Run-time performance profiling and optimization.
- Extensive experience in Autodesk Maya.
- Knowledge of one or more script languages (e.g. Python, MEL, C#).
- Experience working on AAA PC or console games.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Strong digital art skills (modelling, texturing, lighting).
- Vector maths knowledge.
- Knowledge of lower level programming languages such as C++.
- Experience with outsourcing processes.
Perks & Benefits
Alongside our brand-new headquarters, stocked up drinks fridge and a never-ending supply of coffee, all of our roles come complete with the following perks and benefits:
- Private medical insurance that will covers you, your partner, and children
- Private dental insurance that significantly reduces cost of dentistry for you, your partner, and children
- Pension scheme where the company matches your contribution
- Complimentary gym membership
- Free eye tests + discounted glasses
- Quarterly revenue share after 1 year of service
- Brand new state of the art office
- Life drawing classes, and massage allowance
- Free fruit juices and soft drinks + Beer and pastries on a Friday.
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Employee assistance programme
- Referral fee
Find out more on our Perks & Benefits page
Splash Damage offers a fun, friendly and relaxed working environment. Everyone here shares a passion for video games and that shows in daily office life. We also regularly get together for social events like pub quizzes, cinema nights, football, and company parties.
Find out more on our Culture page.