Wargaming Sydney is seeking a Technical Project Manager to assist with the management of multi-discipline software development teams, delivering technology projects and engine features as part of our middleware video games engine technology, BigWorld Technology.
You will provide expert support to drive projects to successful delivery, all the while keeping the team laser focused and motivated, and stakeholders well informed.
What you will do:
You will be working with a world-class team of software engineers; your role is to deliver projects to our international partner studio's exacting requirements.
This involves clairvoyant production planning, constant measuring of a project's progress and health, and course correcting to keep the project on target for successful execution.
Along the way you will be presenting upstream on the project's status and, thanks to your keen PM senses, be able to spot (and, more importantly, avoid) risks in less than twelve parsecs.
- A highly motivated project manager experienced in game development, R&D, or equivalent complex software development projects
- Possess strong project management skills with keen demonstrable ability to focus on dynamic priorities, working to strict deadlines and exacting standards, and thriving in high-pressured environments. You always perform with effortless grace under pressure
- An expert in Agile methodologies; a virtuoso, you understand when to go by the book and where to adapt and tune methodologies to ensure optimal performance
- You constantly analyze process and performance and strive for continual improvement for the benefit of the project, team and our customers
- An excellent communicator, you're able to assimilate complex technical scenarios, and to provide succinct clarity
- Organized, highly analytical, process-driven and adaptable; you're a metaphorical PM octopus, able to handle multiple projects at various stages of development
- You're more than a "people person"'; you're a Jedi, possessing level 10 influencing and negotiation skills
- A strong technical background is essential for this role; although you're not going to be cutting code as part of your role at Wargaming Sydney, the projects we help to manage are highly technical in nature, so you'll need to be able to hold your own in a casual water cooler debate about the merits of P4 over SVN
Amongst your wider studio project manager duties, you'll likely also be taking on the role of Scrum master on a team, so CSM and years of success with real-world Scrum would be a BIG plus.
Lastly, we develop engine technology for video games so a good knowledge of, and keen interest in, video games will be a huge plus. With that in mind, we would "highly" recommend (read: critical) that you take the time to play some of the games that Wargaming publish, as chances are Wargaming Sydney has played a part in developing key technology for the project, and besides most are free and fun!
Please only apply if you are interested in working in a creative, challenging and driven environment. We're not your typical office; we don't wear suits and see no good reason to act our age-that's just not our style.
Please only apply for this role if you are authorized to work in Australia and hold the correct visa.
Only successful applicants will be contacted.
If you believe that you are the right person for the role, please feel free to forward your resume by email to email@example.com .