Position at SEGA European Head Office
SEGA SEARCHLIGHT DEPARTMENT
WORKING BETWEEN PLAYSPORT GAMES IN GUILFORD & SEGA HQ IN BRENTFORD
REPORTING INTO THE SEARCHLIGHT BRAND MANAGER
A BIT ABOUT SEGA
SEGA is one of the leading interactive entertainment companies in the world, with our European HQ based in West London and our five world-class development studios spanning the UK, France and Canada. Known for quality and creativity above all else, our studios include Sports Interactive, Amplitude Studios, The Creative Assembly and Relic Entertainment.
At the heart of SEGA is our publishing team based at our European HQ, where we help the studios bring their creative vision to life. Here we have a talented team of Tech gurus, Sales extraordinaires, Marketing & PR wizards, QA champions and more.
Together, we drive the continued success and evolution of our Western business.
WORKING THE SEGA WAY
We believe that making the best games relies on having the best people, so we like to look after ours. We enjoy a jam-packed social calendar, super cool offices and top-notch events that everyone gets involved with.
Fitness buff? Get involved in our weekly boxing classes, or maybe even stretch the limbs with a game of ping pong. Foodie? Why not take advantage of Icecream Wednesdays or our fresh fruit every day? Need to find your zen? We've got you covered with weekly yoga classes as well as in-house massage therapy (who doesn't love that?). But that's only the beginning - we have a gaming area complete with retro arcade games and consoles as well as all the latest stuff, a video games library and flexible working hours to ensure everyone gets to have a life outside of the office! We also hold regular lunch & learn sessions, product launch parties, company updates at the world-famous BAFTA theatre in Central London and Summer and Christmas parties that you'll want to brag to your mates about! What's not to love?
Here at SEGA, we have a benefits package to rival the rest. This includes life assurance, income protection, private healthcare & dental insurance schemes and an extremely competitive contributory pension scheme.
As well as the best benefits, we offer competitive salaries and a fantastic bonus scheme so that the team can stay motivated and focussed on making SEGA the best it can be.
We like to look after our people too with discounted gym membership, childcare vouchers, travel season ticket loans, a Ride to Work scheme and a flexible working environment which make us a great place to work.
And that's just the tip of the iceberg. Check out our
to find out why we are a workplace you'll never want to leave!
Working closely with the Senior Global Brand Manager, partnered development teams and various other key stakeholders, the SEGA Searchlight Community Manager will drive & implement the global community/social strategy for SEGA Searchlight games, including the Motorsport Manager series. The holder of the position will be a public face for these titles, building a relationship between the audience and the development team.
You'll need a creative mindset, as well as exceptional writing and communication skills, tailored for the gamut of social channels Searchlight covers, including news articles, blogs and video content. In addition, you should have a strong vision for how SEGA Searchlight can best communicate with potential and existing fans of its games.
The successful candidate will have an unquenchable love for motorsport and gaming in all its forms, and will be able to enthuse the audience and be a part of the most exciting and relevant conversations accordingly. Building a strong connection with the audience is essential, and the role allows a degree of creative freedom in making that happen.
A certain amount of domestic travel will be required to attend and work at various consumer, trade and community events of varying natures. There will also be occasions when work out of hours will be required.
- Help establish an iconic and unparalleled brand voice and personality for the SEGA Searchlight series of titles, with an initial focus on Motorsport Manager
- The candidate will have perfect command of grammar, write engaging, fun, persuasive and punchy copy and tell emotive brand stories - a true champion of the brand voice
- Be responsible for developing, refining and implementing the community & social strategy for Motorsport Manager & other titles within the Searchlight family
- Working closely with the Brand team, development team and other key stakeholders as required, clearly defining an innovative and compelling brand community/social roadmap and ensuring regular & clear communication of all planned activity
- Manage and maintain global strategy on the brand social networks (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube etc,) and other official brand outposts (website, forums etc.). Recommend and implement changes and optimisations of these channels as required ensuring global best practice
- Run proactive social campaigns that break through noise, engage with current motorsport topics and define Motorsport Manager as central to motorsport conversation
- Take ownership for content updates to all brand social media networks and brand outposts. Ensure a high quality of engaging & emotive content is regularly delivered and implemented across all channels with a consistent tone and style
- Devise initiatives and generate original content, proactively seeking opportunities to grow and expand the reach of the Searchlight product communities, driving engagement and interaction rates positively week on week
- Take part in SEGA-organised community events and/or identify relevant existing community events locally and/or overseas that development partners should participate in assuming responsibility for all parties involved either solo or in conjunction with SEGA PR managers and/or external agencies
- Have a strong understanding of community management, acting as a point of constant communication, a primary evangelist, and as a voice for the Searchlight communities within the business
- Own initiatives which encourage and reinforce fandom within the community and develop core, exciting community activities which tie smartly into ongoing marketing campaigns
- Report regularly on engagement, performance and other key metrics and advise on resultant best practice regarding marketing and PR/social communication
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- This position requires a balance of creative thinking, writing, branding, marketing and execution
- Current in-depth knowledge of the world of motorsport is essential
- Current in-depth knowledge of the social media & digital marketing landscape and emergent trends is essential
- Previous experience of working within or closely with a globally-responsible digital/community department for a major brand or games publisher is strongly preferred
- Strong understanding and vision of brand voice, especially in social media
- A strong interest in multimedia creation in all forms - whether video, graphic or textual - and a keen understanding of how different types of media resonate with different audiences
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong presentation skills, to all sizes of audience
- Able to build and maintain strong professional and informal relationships within organisations and externally with members of the public
- Current in-depth knowledge of the games industry is desirable, but not necessary
- Content management system/web development familiarity/knowledge desirable
- Willingness to travel when necessary both domestic and international
This job description is an accurate reflection of the duties and responsibilities of the post as at the time of writing but will be changed from time to time as the job is a career development job which will be adjusted according to the progress of the job holder. It does not form part of the contract of employment.