Skymoons Edinburgh Ltd - Level Designer
Skymoons Interactive Entertainment are an immensely successful mobile game company based in Chengdu, China, who have recently begun their expansion into western markets via the opening of Skymoons Edinburgh, an ambitious new studio in the capital of Scotland. Skymoons Edinburgh is currently developing a state-of-the-art mobile MMO project, and are looking for a keen and talented Level Designer to join the team.
Successful candidates will be joining a team who strive to deliver cutting edge mobile games using the latest technologies (PVP action MMO/new mobile MMO IP) with a global market focus, working in a fast-paced, technically challenging and openly creative environment.
The ideal candidate will have experience working with one or more current generation engines and have a first-rate understanding of scripting and game logic. You'll be responsible with the layout, planning and fine-tuning of your levels.
You will take your levels through the full development cycle from initial concept to completion - experience in 3D Modeling and Unity is desirable.
About the role
To create and implement design elements into the game while working in a collaborative multidiscipline environment.
- Design and implement game levels that meet the style, quality and schedule of the project.
- Participate in the creation, documentation and tuning of the level to design gameplay elements in accordance to the creative visions
- Implement appropriate difficulty, pacing and flow within game levels.
- Create and update relevant documentation as part of the design process.
- Work with quality control teams as part of the debugging process by communicating relevant information to work towards resolving reported issues in level designs;
- An understanding of Rational Level Design theory and implementation of content accordingly.
- Participate in reviews of created content with generate feedback in line with the creative vision of the project;
- Support the Design team with any other ad hoc tasks and duties.
Skills and Knowledge required
- Good knowledge of scripting languages (such as python, LUA etc.).
- Understand how to use the Level Design tools and software as part of the production pipeline and workflow.
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft office software.
- Basic understanding of 2D and 3D design tools (such as Sketchup, Photoshop, Maya etc.).
- Good knowledge of the Unity editor.
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to clearly express and present ideas.
- Solid analytical and problem solving skills;
- Solid organisation skills with attention to detail;
- Significant working experience in Level Design or other relevant experience;
- At least 1 shipped game, preferably on a ‘AAA’ mobile title.