We are looking for a talented Senior VFX Artist to help us build world class effects for an exciting new project. Our ideal candidate should exhibit both technical skill and artistic talent, and have a passion for creative problem solving. The role requires close collaboration with all other disciplines and therefore needs to have strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Responsibilities at a Glance
- Work with the VFX team to drive the creation of game-play and environmental effects
- Effectively communicate and motivate the team, providing feedback and mentorship
- Collaborate with Art team to accentuate visual fidelity, Designers to improve game-play choices and Programming to maintain our performance requirements
- Management and mentoring of other VFX team members
Essential Skills and Experience
- Must have worked on at least 2 published titles as a VFX artist.
- Needs to be proficient in Max/Maya, Photoshop, and Unreal editor (or similar).
- Must have experience authoring real-time VFX and have a good understanding of the technical constraints imposed by console and PC technology.
- Strong understanding the fundamentals of VFX including timing, composition, colour and how to use VFX to provide gameplay feedback.
- Exceptional ability in optimizing VFX to run at the speed and fidelity needed by multiplayer shooter games while looking great.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Strong knowledge of game development workflows, processes and tools
- Knowledge in rigid body and fluid simulation
- Passion for problem solving and pushing boundaries
PERKS & BENEFITS
Alongside our brand-new headquarters, stocked up drinks fridge and a never-ending supply of coffee, all of our roles come complete with the following perks and benefits:
- Splash Damage Developer Obsidian Loadout Cards!!1!one1!
- The occasional tasty treat from our wonderful fan base
- Private medical insurance that will covers you, your partner, and children
- Private dental insurance that significantly reduces cost of dentistry for you, your partner, and children
- Pension scheme where the company matches your contribution
- Complimentary gym membership
- Free eye tests + discounted glasses
- Quarterly revenue share after 1 year of service
- Brand new state of the art office
- Life drawing classes, and massage allowance
- Free fruit juices and soft drinks + Beer and pastries on a Friday.
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Employee assistance program
- Referral fee
Find out more on our Perks & Benefits page.
Splash Damage offers a fun, friendly and relaxed working environment. Everyone here shares a passion for video games / shooting people in the face and that shows in daily office life. We also regularly get together for social events like pub quizzes, cinema nights, football, and company parties.
Find out more on our Culture page.