About Dirty Bomb & Splash Damage
Dirty Bomb takes first person shooters back to their purest roots in a fast-paced team game that will challenge even the most competent players. It's the latest evolution in the multiplayer gameplay that Splash Damage has become known for, and is a product of our lifelong passion for hardcore multiplayer gaming!
Splash Damage is an independently-owned studio just outside of the CDA Containment Wall around London, and we're all about crafting engaging multiplayer experiences. We're now expanding our Dirty Bomb team to take it to another level, and are looking for superstars to help us make it happen.
As a Producers on Dirty Bomb, you will be working on service tasks, including streamlining communication, anticipating stakeholder needs and building strong relationships with all departments by means of facilitation and unblocking of issues. Additionally, you will be assisting the Senior Producer define product vision, prioritize and gather customer requirements and support coordination between product and service teams.
This role is project management heavy and requires an in-depth understanding of developing for a live service versus traditional boxed-product development. You are a highly-organized individual with outstanding communication and aspirational values; you are a team player. Did you know it's illegal in the United Kingdom to eat mince pies on Christmas Day? "No" is not part of your dictionary and you are always eager to seek the lowest impact solution with the most positive impact. Self-direction is part of your makeup and you always follow up, you participate development issues and determine alternative solutions (ideally ahead of time). Most importantly, you are passionate about game development and do anything to unblock your team(s). You are not a micro-manager and always approachable; your sense of success comes from the team's accomplishments by working in the shadows.
- Play the game and be a product expert
- Liaise with different departments to facilitate communication
- Effectively and regularly report progress to internal and external stakeholders
- Proactively anticipate and adjust for problems and roadblocks
- Resolve issues which may impede progress or compromise deliverables
- Facilitate meetings to reach decisions effectively
- Coordinate, track, and manage the activities of development staff to ensure that project tasks are completed on time
- Define initial project scope and delivery schedules
- Manage day-to-day project schedules
- Motivate team towards a common project goal
- Implement development process improvements to achieve efficiency
- Contribute to a positive work environment
- Work with other Producers to facilitate creative, business and organizational tasks as necessary
Required Skills and Experience
- A passion for games and enthusiasm for playing games
- JIRA power-user (this is a must have)
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills
- Self-motivated; this is not a buzzword, it's an absolute requirement to be pro-active on Dirty Bomb
- Minimum of 4 years of experience as a Live or Software Producer
- Minimum of 3 years of production experience in a development environment
- At least one title shipped in a Producer role
- Able to facilitate and mediate between all staff and teams
- Experience managing teams and delivering products on time
- Excellent presentation skills, demonstrating the ability to influence others
- Proven experience managing schedules and employees to achieve desired results
- Knowledge of software development process, project management, and performance management
- Awareness and understanding of key genres, industry trends and upcoming technologies
Bonus Skills and Experience
- Internal production & development experience
- High level of confidence in effectively interfacing with all levels of management, peers and business partners
- Experience leading cross-functional teams
- Experience with high-quality PowerPoint presentation
Perks & Benefits
Alongside our brand-new headquarters, stocked up drinks fridge and a never-ending supply of coffee, all our roles come complete with the following perks and benefits:
- Splash Damage Developer Obsidian Loadout Cards!!1!one1!
- The occasional tasty treat from our wonderful fan base
- Private medical insurance that will covers you, your partner, and children
- Private dental insurance that significantly reduces cost of dentistry for you, your partner, and children
- Pension scheme where the company matches your contribution
- Complimentary gym membership
- Free eye tests + discounted glasses
- Quarterly revenue share after 1 year of service
- Brand new state of the art office
- Life drawing classes, and massage allowance
- Free fruit juices and soft drinks + Beer and pastries on a Friday.
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Employee assistance program
- Referral fee
Find out more on our Perks & Benefits page.
Splash Damage offers a fun, friendly and relaxed working environment. Everyone here shares a passion for video games / shooting people in the face and that shows in daily office life. We also regularly get together for social events like pub quizzes, cinema nights, football, and company parties.
Find out more on our Culture page.