Established in 2007 Sumo Video Games was set up to work alongside Sumo Digital's Sheffield based UK studio. Together we have consistently delivered AAA titles from Next Gen to Mobile on all platforms for partners that include SEGA, Microsoft, Codemasters, Sony, EA, BBC, Konami, Disney, and many more.
Our most recent successes include Forza Horizon 2 (Xbox 360) and LittleBigPlanet 3 (PlayStation 4, and PlayStation 3) and Disney Infinity 3.0 Toy Box Speedway (multi-platform) . We are also incredibly proud to be working on the highly anticipated Crackdown 3 (Xbox One) plus several other exciting but yet unannounced projects.
Sumo Video Games is a true extension of our UK studio and team members on both sites collaborate on a daily basis on all aspects of game development. Our Studio is unique in India, giving our staff the opportunity to work directly on every available gaming platform from Next Gen to Mobile, and at every stage of game development.
2017 is a very exciting year for Sumo Video Games and we are looking to significantly grow our fantastic and talented team. We're looking for highly talented and dedicated individuals who thrive in fast paced, ever changing development and live service environments. Working for Sumo you'll be an integral member of the team shaping our games to satisfy our hard-core and casual gamers.
Being part of Sumo's development team is a rewarding experience, one that requires dedication, a strong sense of ownership over your work and an overwhelming enthusiasm for the games you work on.
Highly creative, highly motivated, superb attention to detail and a keen eye for quality are requirements that all our roles demand.
Role and Purpose
We have an incredible opportunity for two talented and experienced VFX Artists to take up permanent in-house roles at our India Studio.
You must have AAA console experience in Real-Time Visual Effects work using Unreal Engine, Unity, CryEngine or similar VFX editor, and have a portfolio/reel of work to show. Knowledge of Maya Fluids, FumeFX, Houdini is a bonus.
Upload your reel and CV by clicking the Apply Now button
- Work directly with VFX Lead and Art Directors to understand and meet the visual quality bar.
- Will be creating all type of photorealistic, high quality effects for environment and dynamic objects.
- Understand overall art style and vision of VFX for the game and generated new ideas for environments and objects.
- Keeping oneself updated with industry specific skills and trends
- Need to conceptualize abstract concepts into impressive on screen visuals.
- Meet the requirement in terms of timing, animation, weight and scale
- Communicate with other designers, VFX directors, management and peers in other disciplines.
- Have to create natural phenomena such as fire, explosions, smoke, water, dust and weather system. Also, should able to create effects for destruction of buildings, vehicles and natural environments.
- Have to meet all schedules & milestones as per requirement
- Design/prototype, create and implement visual effect for real time use in game using most efficient memory footprint.
- Create all required art assets needed for particle effect creation using various 2D and 3D applications
- Optimizing effects to run efficiently within the game while maintaining high quality standards
Skills Experience and Qualifications
Required Knowledge, Experience and Skillset
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in creating visual effects, with at least one shipped title ideally on a PC/Console.
- Ability to conceptualize abstract concepts into impressive on screen visuals.
- Experience in using particle system and geometry based system with various 2D & 3D applications
- Proficient in 3D software applications such as Max or Maya.
- Eye for detail
- Ability to work within budget with good understanding of console games Quality & Asset budget consciousness
- Strong texture creation skills to use in particle system using various 2D,3D applications.
- Good Knowledge and experience with real time visual effect editors.
- Good understanding of shaders and their creation.
- Ability to work on multiple task when required.
- Possess exemplary oral and written communication skills.
- Self-directed, passionate, creative problem solver with can do attitude.
- Strong artistic ability with good technical knowledge.
- Pro-active, Problem solver & independent contributor
- Well versed with recent games and the trends of the genre.
- Work well/respond to pressure.
- Take direction and criticism.
- Professionalism and the ability to function well within a team.
You'll really grab our interest if you have...
- Experience with the Unreal 4 level editor or any other game engine for PC/Console.
- Shipped a AAA or PC/Console title.
- Experience with a Scripting language would be a big plus.
- Experience creating both realistic and stylized VFX
- Relocation assistance
- Medical coverage for the family is provided.
What We Offer
In return we'll give you competitive salary & benefits, an excellent working environment and the opportunity to work on some of the world's most exciting and recognizable video games. The chance to work with some of the best professionals in the games industry at our world class studio in Pune and most importantly we will give you the room to be yourself and live your passion.
So what's your passion? Please get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to Sumo.
Please enclose your CV, portfolio link and covering letter in all applications. Applications with no portfolio link will be automatically rejected.