Established in 2007 Sumo Video Games was set up to work alongside Sumo Digital's Sheffield based UK studio. Together we have consistently delivered AAA titles from Next Gen to Mobile on all platforms for partners that include SEGA, Microsoft, Codemasters, Sony, EA, BBC, Konami, Disney, and many more.
Our most recent successes include Forza Horizon 2 (Xbox 360) and LittleBigPlanet 3 (PlayStation 4, and PlayStation 3) and Disney Infinity 3.0 Toy Box Speedway (multi-platform) . We are also incredibly proud to be working on the highly anticipated Crackdown 3 (Xbox One) and DeadIsland 2 plus several other exciting but yet unannounced projects.
Sumo Video Games is a true extension of our UK studio and team members on both sites collaborate on a daily basis on all aspects of game development. Our Studio is unique in India, giving our staff the opportunity to work directly on every available gaming platform, and at every stage of game development.
Being part of Sumo's development team is a rewarding experience, one that requires dedication, a strong sense of ownership over your work and an overwhelming enthusiasm for the games you work on.
Role and Purpose
Do you see yourself as a Senior Character Artist?
What's your passion? Is it playing video games, sketching, doodling/creating art work? -- if that's your answer, then we at SUMO are interested in YOU.
Sumo Video Games Pune, India is looking for passionate Senior Character Artists who aspire to create high-quality humanoid characters and item assets alongside the Sumo UK Studios and help bring life to game characters of some of the world class AAA projects, such as Crackdown 3 and Dead Island 2 on major consoles.
- The ideal candidate should have an excellent portfolio demonstrating diverse visual range of characters and creatures and Strong understanding of human form and anatomy for AAA console games.
- The candidate would be required to work in game engine so that the quality of the characters can be pushed as far as possible.
- The candidate should be continuously able to develop his skills and mentor the team that is built around them.
Working with the Lead Artist, the candidate will be working on a current project in production, and will form part of the highly skilled Character team, and be required to:
- Create high quality realistic and stylized Characters, Clothing, Accessories and Weapons
- Sculpt and Model High and low polygon assets and texture them through the PBR pipeline
- Realize the overall vision of the Characters based on design, concepts and description provided, ensuring they are created within the agreed production deadlines and conform to the required technical specifications
- Have a hunger to improve and continually develop required skills through personal learning and training
- Collaborate and communicate daily and weekly with project teams in the UK
Skills Experience and Qualifications
- A spine tingling portfolio to demonstrate excellent character modeling and texturing techniques, both high and low poly
- Should have an exceptional understanding of human and creature anatomy with a keen eye for details
- Outstanding experience in 3D packages such as Max, Maya, Zbrush and Mudbox
- Solid experience of texturing using Photoshop and procedural software's such as Substance painter and Quixel DDO with the ability to create stylized hand painted textures
- Working experience of game engines such as Unreal and Unity
- Should have 4 years of experience making AAA characters.
What We Offer
- Relocation reimbursement from other cities is offered
- Performance linked bonus in addition to the fixed salary
- Opportunities to attend industry conferences
- A complete and all-encompassing medical insurance package for our employees and their children
What We offer:
Being part of Sumo's Art team is a rewarding experience, one that requires dedication, a strong sense of ownership over your work and an overwhelming enthusiasm for the games you work on. In return we'll offer
- Competitive salary & benefits,
- An excellent working environment
- Most importantly we will give you the room to be yourself and live your passion.
So what's your passion? Please get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to Sumo Digital.
Applications without portfolio will be not processed.
"Sumo is an equal opportunity employer Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans"