Sumo Digital is one of the UK's most prolific and secure independent game developers with a talented team of over 280 staff currently based in Sheffield. A second UK studio in Nottingham opened in March 2016 and has rapidly grown to a 45 strong team with many fantastic new opportunities on the horizon.
Since our inception in 2003 we have had a string of successful titles across all gaming platforms for partners that include Microsoft, SEGA, Sony, Disney and many more.
Our most recent successes include Forza Horizon 2 (Xbox 360), LittleBigPlanet 3 (PlayStation 4, and PlayStation 3) , Disney Infinity 3.0 Toy Box Speedway (multi-platform) , and our first self-published title Snake Pass (multi-platform). We are also incredibly proud to be working on the highly anticipated Crackdown 3 (Xbox One) and Dead Island 2 (multi-platform) plus several other exciting but yet unannounced projects.
2017 will be Sumo's biggest and best year ever. Come and be part of it.
Role and Purpose
We have several exciting opportunities for experienced and talented "Hands On" Senior Producers to take up key positions on a variety of projects.
- Key leader/contributor to the development team.
- Manage the schedules of multiple departments within the game team, to ensure that milestones are agreed, detailed and delivered as expected
- Create milestone content and realistic production schedules in coordination with team leads and management.
- Manage the project budget - identifying resource requirements and expectations, tracking actual project spend versus planned spend and continuously updating projections.
- Managing change - ensuring project scope is adhered to, controlling feature creep, ensuring project is delivered in accordance with expectations, and project budget changes if necessary.
- Identify and resolve conflicts between schedule, budget and design goals.
- Continuously assess risk and keep scope of the project in line with budget and schedule.
- Managing day to day communication of matters regarding schedule, budget, change and risk with the client and Development Director and making recommendations accordingly.
- Manage communication of project progress to the Development Director and internal senior management team
- Maintain close communication with team leads and provide team members with material and technical support as needed.
- Ensure that each member of the team is working from a tracked schedule and has a strong sense of ownership, responsibility and accountability for the quality and timeliness of their contribution.
- Ensure excellent communication, positive working relationships and teamwork within the development team and across disciplines.
- Coach and mentor junior production staff
- Keep abreast of current trends in the marketplace especially with regard to similar and/or competitive product.
- Follow Sumo Digital's project development standards and guidelines
Skills Experience and Qualifications
- Shipped at least 2 AAA console games in a production management role.
- Highly responsible, self-directed, detail oriented problem solver with a desire to contribute to a creative environment.
- Outstanding organization, communication and exceptional management skills/leadership.
- Superior attention to detail.
- Exceptional project management practices and software including Project, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and Word.
- Working knowledge of SCRUM and Agile practices.
- Work well/respond to pressure
- Communicate effectively within a large group/multiple project environment
- Think critically, and apply analytical skills in resolving complex issues
- Quickly master proprietary tools and development processes
- To take direction and criticism
- Meet deadlines designated for team projects
- Professionalism and the ability to function well within a team
- Coach and mentor junior members of staff
What We Offer
We offer a super benefits package including generous holidays, flexitime and excellent employee benefits. Further perks include our legendary annual Sumo Big Day Out, plus epic Christmas parties, money on your birthday, on site free gym and free fruit for everyone! Our new, regular studio Game Jams are a highlight - staff spend a full day developing and pitching their own game ideas for possible development by Sumo.
Our environment is relaxed, friendly and built upon the basis of every team member having the opportunity to shine and have a realisable input into the games we create. We are a very happy ship with lots of incredibly nice people that partake in shared interest groups, lunchtime clubs, charity fundraising events and lots of socialising.
We are proud to be located in Sheffield, just off J34 of the M1 offering easy road and rail access from Leeds, Manchester and the Midlands. Sheffield itself enjoys wealth of facilities including world class sporting facilities, stunning theatres and galleries, shopping, restaurants and incredible parks and green spaces - all on the doorstep of the beautiful Peak District National Park. We love it here.
Please apply at http://www.sumo-digital.com
For a confidential chat about this role please call our Recruiter Rebecca Askham on +44 (0)114 2426766 or email firstname.lastname@example.org