Established in 2007 Sumo Video Games was set up to work alongside Sumo Digital's Sheffield based UK studio. Together we have consistently delivered AAA titles from Next Gen to Mobile on all platforms for partners that include SEGA, Microsoft, Codemasters, Sony, EA, BBC, Konami, Disney, and many more.
Our most recent successes include Forza Horizon 2 (Xbox 360) and LittleBigPlanet 3 (PlayStation 4, and PlayStation 3) and Disney Infinity 3.0 Toy Box Speedway (multi-platform) . We are also incredibly proud to be working on the highly anticipated Crackdown 3 (Xbox One) plus several other exciting but yet unannounced projects.
Sumo Video Games is a true extension of our UK studio and team members on both sites collaborate on a daily basis on all aspects of game development. Our Studio is unique in India, giving our staff the opportunity to work directly on every available gaming platform from Next Gen to Mobile, and at every stage of game development.
2016 is a very exciting year for Sumo Video Games and we are looking to significantly grow our fantastic and talented team. We're looking for highly talented and dedicated individuals who thrive in fast paced, ever changing development and live service environments. Working for Sumo you'll be an integral member of the team shaping our games to satisfy our hard-core and casual gamers.
Being part of Sumo's development team is a rewarding experience, one that requires dedication, a strong sense of ownership over your work and an overwhelming enthusiasm for the games you work on.
Highly creative, highly motivated, superb attention to detail and a keen eye for quality are requirements that all our roles demand.
Role and Purpose
Do you see yourself as a Lead Artist?
What's your passion? Is it playing video games, working doodling/creating art work? -- if that's your answer, then we at SUMO are interested in YOU. At Sumo we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do there and we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
Job Location - Sumo Video Games, Pune
- To be a Lead Artist you should have at-least 7 years of Art Experience with a AAA video game titles and yes an impressive portfolio which exhibits your experience is a must.
- Needs to have experience and knowledge of latest Physically based rendering (PBR) techniques.
- Knowledge of Unreal Engine (UE4) or similar AAA game engine
- Max/Maya, Photoshop, Zbrush, Mudbox is must, and in-depth knowledge of Substance Painter and quixel suite will be an added advantage.
- An ideal lead should have excellent microscopic artistic eye.
- Would be a plus to have traditional art skills
- Should have Excellent communication skills
- Should be excellent with time management
- Must have people and team management skills and should be a good leader who should lead by an example.
- Excellent problem solving with Confidence to question the status quo and provide alternative solutions.
- Should have passion and potential to develop themselves, his/her team and ensure everyone grows with the organisation .
- If applying for particular Environment or Character lead, then need to meet the following skill requirement too.
- Excellent hard surface modelling Skills.
- A good understanding of taking objects/environments from concepts to final game quality.
- A good portfolio (which is current) which has the Environment assets - show casing screenshots for the Model, Wireframe and texture pages.
- Good anatomy Knowledge
- A good understanding of taking characters from concepts to final game quality.
- A Good portfolio (which is current) with Stylized and Realistic Character - having the complete work flow from start to finish.
Skills Experience and Qualifications
- Degree or Diploma in game art/animation which includes software's like Max, Maya, ZBrush, Photoshop, Mudbox.
- Bachelor in Fine Arts or any equivalent degree diploma would be an added advantage.
What We Offer
In return we'll give you competitive salary & benefits, an excellent working environment and the opportunity to work on some of the world's most exciting and recognizable video games. The chance to work with some of the best professionals in the games industry at our world class studio in Pune and most importantly we will give you the room to be yourself and live your passion.
So what's your passion? Please get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to Sumo.
Please enclose your CV, portfolio link and covering letter in all applications. Applications with no portfolio link will be automatically rejected.