Sumo Digital is one of the UK's most prolific and secure independent game developers with a talented team of over 280 staff currently based in Sheffield. A second UK studio in Nottingham opened in March 2016 and has rapidly grown to a 45 strong team with many fantastic new opportunities on the horizon.
Since our inception in 2003 we have had a string of successful titles across all gaming platforms for partners that include Microsoft, SEGA, Sony, Disney and many more.
Our most recent successes include Forza Horizon 2 (Xbox 360), LittleBigPlanet 3 (PlayStation 4, and PlayStation 3) , Disney Infinity 3.0 Toy Box Speedway (multi-platform) , and our first self-published title Snake Pass (multi-platform). We are also incredibly proud to be working on the highly anticipated Crackdown 3 (Xbox One) and Dead Island 2 (multi-platform) plus several other exciting but yet unannounced projects.
2018 will be Sumo's biggest and best year ever. Come and be part of it.
Role and Purpose
We are looking to recruit an IT Technician at our busy Sheffield studio. This role offers a great opportunity to work in a highly creative and fast-paced videogame development studio.
The role's primary purpose is assisting with the day-to-day maintenance of over 300 workstations and providing first class support to IT, ensuring tasks are completed in a timely manner whilst prioritising accordingly with relevant guidance.
Skills Experience and Qualifications
The successful candidate will possess a good mixture of:
- Excellent knowledge of Windows Operating Systems
- Providing 1st and 2nd line support
- Knowledge of Active Directory and Remote Desktops
- Experience using Call Logging Systems
- Knowledge of Apple Mac operating systems
- Good communication skills and the ability to quickly deal with SLA's
- Customer problems and queries in a Windows, macOS and Linux mixed environment
- Ability to provide Microsoft Office and printer support
- Ability to use initiative to ensure all tasks are completed to a high standard and within the allocated SLA time frames
- Communication skills are key to providing accurate and up to date progress on tasks, both completed and outstanding
- Unboxing, logging, setting up and sending back development hardware as required for the studio
- Workstation and laptop repairs
- Working with imaging software and making images for PCs
- Basic understanding of software licensing
- Build and customisation of Sumo specific hardware and software
- Ad hoc PC duties e.g. installing software, printers, changing peripherals etc.
- At busy times there will be occasional ad-hoc facilities duties including desk/furniture/equipment assembly and movement around the studio campus
- Any knowledge of MDT toolkit / WDS / SCCM and other deployment tools
- MCP certifications beneficial
- CCENT Certification would be beneficial
- Any experience of dev kits or development tools for the PlayStation, Xbox or Wii platforms would be extremely beneficial.
- Autodesk and Adobe products (Photoshop, 3ds Max, Maya and Illustrator)
- Other certifications such as ITIL are also welcomed
- Linux operating systems specifically Redhat/CentOS
What We Offer
We offer a super benefits package including generous holidays, flexitime and excellent employee benefits. Further perks include our legendary annual Sumo Big Day Out, plus epic Christmas parties, money on your birthday, on site free gym and free fruit for everyone! Our new, regular studio Game Jams are a highlight - staff spend a full day developing and pitching their own game ideas for possible development by Sumo.
Our environment is relaxed, friendly and built upon the basis of every team member having the opportunity to shine and have a realisable input into the games we create. We are a very happy ship with lots of incredibly nice people that partake in shared interest groups, lunchtime clubs, charity fundraising events and lots of socialising.
We are proud to be located in Sheffield, just off J34 of the M1 offering easy road and rail access from Leeds, Manchester and the Midlands. Sheffield itself enjoys wealth of facilities including world class sporting facilities, stunning theatres and galleries, shopping, restaurants and incredible parks and green spaces - all on the doorstep of the beautiful Peak District National Park. We love it here.
Please apply via the Apply Now button or click Email this job to a friend to refer someone you know.
For a confidential chat about this role please call our Recruitment Team on +44 (0)114 2426766 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com