Established in 2007 Sumo Video Games was set up to work alongside Sumo Digital's Sheffield based UK studio. Together we have consistently delivered AAA titles from Next Gen to Mobile on all platforms for partners that include SEGA, Microsoft, Codemasters, Sony, EA, BBC, Konami, Disney, and many more.
Our most recent successes include Forza Horizon 2 (Xbox 360) and LittleBigPlanet 3 (PlayStation 4, and PlayStation 3) and Disney Infinity 3.0 Toy Box Speedway (multi-platform) . We are also incredibly proud to be working on the highly anticipated Crackdown 3 (Xbox One) and DeadIsland 2 plus several other exciting but yet unannounced projects.
Sumo Video Games is a true extension of our UK studio and team members on both sites collaborate on a daily basis on all aspects of game development. Our Studio is unique in India, giving our staff the opportunity to work directly on every available gaming platform, and at every stage of game development.
Being part of Sumo's development team is a rewarding experience, one that requires dedication, a strong sense of ownership over your work and an overwhelming enthusiasm for the games you work on.
Role and Purpose
Do you see yourself as a Senior 3D Game Artist?
What's your passion? Is it playing video games, working doodling/creating art work? -- if that's your answer, then we at SUMO are interested in YOU.
Sumo Video Games Pune, India is looking for passionate 3D environment artists who aspire to create realistic & stylized game Environment alongside the Sumo UK Studios and help bring life to game world of some of the world class AAA projects, such as Crackdown 3 and Dead Island 2 on major consoles.
The ideal candidate should have a striking portfolio demonstrating an exceptional eye for detail, creative flair, up to date knowledge and experience with hi-res sculpting to game mesh workflow, PBR pipeline, and current game editor experience such as Unreal.
They should be eager to learn and develop their skills alongside some of the best environment artists in India and the UK, to deliver high quality art work.
Working along with the Lead Artist, the candidate will be working on a current project in production, and will form part of the highly skilled environment team, and be required to:
- Create high quality realistic and stylized Next Gen game art buildings, props and landscapes
- Sculpt and Model High and low polygon assets and texture them through the PBR pipeline
- Ensure assets created follow the given art direction, and are within the agreed production deadlines and conform to the required technical specifications
- Collaborate and communicate daily and weekly with project teams in the UK
Skills Experience and Qualifications
Skills and Requirements:
- Should be proficient in 3D packages such as Max, Maya and Zbrush
- Excellent Photoshop skills and ability to create stylized hand painted textures.
- Thorough knowledge of PBR work flow and procedural software's such as Substance Painter and Quixel DDO
- Working experience of game engines such as Unreal and Unity
- A portfolio demonstrating breathtaking prop/environment modeling and texturing techniques, both high and low poly
- Should have at least 4 years of experience creating art for console games
- Have excellent communication skills to communicate internally in teams and externally to UK project teams.
What We Offer
- Relocation reimbursement from other cities is offered
- Performance linked bonus in addition to the fixed salary
- Opportunities to attend industry conferences
- A complete and all-encompassing medical insurance package for our employees and their children
What We offer:
Being part of Sumo's Art team is a rewarding experience, one that requires dedication, a strong sense of ownership over your work and an overwhelming enthusiasm for the games you work on. In return we'll offer
- Competitive salary & benefits,
- An excellent working environment
- most importantly we will give you the room to be yourself and live your passion.
So what's your passion? Please get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to Sumo Digital.
"Sumo is an equal opportunity employer Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans"
Please enclose your CV, portfolio link and covering letter in all applications. Applications with no portfolio link will be automatically rejected.