Build-Release Engineers are part of the DevOps team assisting the local studio as well as co-development studios around the globe in the development of AAA game titles. You will write and maintain build process scripts that help automate processes to increase productivity and reduce manual errors. In addition you will act as technical support for various aspects of game development including source control, build automation, and network infrastructure.
· Write and maintain Python build automation scripts that manage digital assets.
· Help in the production of release milestones.
· Monitor and respond to system health incidents of the build farm.
· Write and maintain documentation of aspects of the build process.
· Manage server infrastructure and provide end-user support for tools such as Perforce, JIRA, and other project databases.
· Some after-hours work and/or remote support will be required.
· Experience writing automation scripts in Python.
· Experience with build automation tools (Jenkins is preferred).
· Experience with source control systems (Perforce is preferred).
Additional Preferred Qualifications
· Bachelor’s degree in engineer, computer science, or related technical discipline.
· Experience in web development with a database backend (Django and MySQL preferred).
· Ability to troubleshoot system and software defects and deploy effective solutions to mitigate future risk.
· Some experience administering Linux systems.
· Ability to self-manage and prioritize tasks by various metrics.
· Positive attitude, strong work ethic, and the ability to work in a highly collaborative team environment.
· A passion and enthusiasm for video games.