About Dirty Bomb & Splash Damage
Dirty Bomb takes first person shooters back to their purest roots in a fast-paced team game that will challenge even the most competent players. It's the latest evolution in the multiplayer gameplay that Splash Damage has become known for, and is a product of our lifelong passion for hardcore multiplayer gaming!
Splash Damage is an independently-owned studio just outside of the CDA Containment Wall around London, and we're all about crafting engaging multiplayer experiences. We're now expanding our Dirty Bomb team to take it to another level, and are looking for superstars to help us make it happen.
As the Senior Build & Release Engineer on Dirty Bomb, you would be leading the charge from concept to implementation in taking our build & release system to the next level. Does lack of automation make you anxious? Do you like to provide developers "buttons" and "levers" to reduce human-error in the deployment process? Do your dreams run in the cloud when they've exceeded the on-site footprint? Do you verify your unit-test cases by writing unit-test cases for them? If you've answered 'yes' to any of these questions, and you really like a challenge, the Senior Build & Release Engineer role on Dirty Bomb may be something for you!
- Design and develop of continuous integration solutions
- Own regular delivery of product applications with a variety of special requirements
- Develop and maintain productivity tools
- Write effective documentation
- Study, understand, and communicate necessary technology that is used or being considered for Dirty Bomb and the Studio
- Work with Windows and Linux build systems and servers
- Work with UE3 and UE4 build tools
- Integrate additional tools into the pipeline (test automation, analysis and deployment automation tools)
- Solicit requirements and implement effective reporting
Required Skills and Experience
- A passion for games and enthusiasm for playing games
- 6 years of industry experience in build & release engineering
- Experience in Python and/or Perl
- Significant version control experience (Perforce/Helix preferred)
- Experience in Build and Release Engineer through external (Steam) and internal (in-house) infrastructure
- Proficient building and maintaining toolchains
- Proficient with Linux
- Experience with continuous integration systems
- Excellent analytic and problem solving skills
- Experience with immediate problem resolution
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
Bonus Skills and Experience
- Experience with C++
- Experience with TeamCity and/or Bamboo
- Experience with AWS, VMware, or similar virtualization technologies
- Experience with large scale data infrastructure
- Experience with UE3 deployment automation to Steamworks
- Technical leadership experience
Perks & Benefits
Alongside our brand-new headquarters, stocked up drinks fridge and a never-ending supply of coffee, all our roles come complete with the following perks and benefits:
- Splash Damage Developer Obsidian Loadout Cards!!1!one1!
- The occasional tasty treat from our wonderful fan base
- Private medical insurance that will covers you, your partner, and children
- Private dental insurance that significantly reduces cost of dentistry for you, your partner, and children
- Pension scheme where the company matches your contribution
- Complimentary gym membership
- Free eye tests + discounted glasses
- Quarterly revenue share after 1 year of service
- Brand new state of the art office
- Life drawing classes, and massage allowance
- Free fruit juices and soft drinks + Beer and pastries on a Friday.
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Employee assistance program
- Referral fee
Find out more on our Perks & Benefits page.
Splash Damage offers a fun, friendly and relaxed working environment. Everyone here shares a passion for video games / shooting people in the face and that shows in daily office life. We also regularly get together for social events like pub quizzes, cinema nights, football, and company parties.
Find out more on our Culture page.