JUNIOR TOOLS SUPPORT SPECIALIST (143)
Ubisoft is 10,000 creative minds spanning 6 continents. With around 85% of its staff devoted to game development, Ubisoft has the 2nd largest in-house creative team in the world.
The company’s 27 different creative studios work hand-in-hand each day to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences that reflect the creativity and diversity of their teams. This cross-studio collaboration model means every team member has the opportunity to participate in challenging projects based on brands including Assassin's Creed®, For Honor® Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon®, Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell®, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six, Tom Clancy's The Division, Rabbids®, Rayman®, Watch Dogs®, Far Cry®, The Crew®, Just Dance® and more.
Responsible for supporting users and testing the quality and stability of changes made by the tools engineers. Help to define, prioritise and track the bugs and feature requests from users.
• Primary contact for Tools support via voice, video and/or text for users of the Tools;
• Work with Tools Engineers to define new tool versions based on the backlog;
• Create efficient test plans for each of the Tools;
• Find, report and regress bugs in a clear and concise manner;
• Work with Tools Engineers and the Lead to improve testing and support processes;
• Update and maintain user documentation for Tools;
• Test individual feature changes and bug fixes before they are released to production to ensure Tool quality;
• Help Tools engineers reproduce bugs and track down the circumstances in which they occur;
• Understand their role as part of a team and optimise the product’s quality;
• Identify tool support requirements for the team and proactively discuss requirements with the Tools Team;
• Aid the Tools and Automation Lead in gathering and analyzing user feedback in the form of questionnaires, interviews and usage data;
Skills and Knowledge
• Rigor and structure in your work;
• Excellent oral and written communication skills;
• Knowledge of common scheduling, task and issue tracking tools – MS Project, Jira, etc;
• Ability to prioritse work under pressure;
• Excellent interpersonal skills;
• Appreciation for usability both in terms of tools and documentation;
• Problem-solving skills;
• Knowledge of production tools an asset (e.g. Photoshop, 3DS-Max, Maya, UE4, Unity etc.);
• Passionate about playing and making games, and has a good knowledge of the games industry in general;
• Experience maintaining a backlog of bugs and features in a database such as Jira;
• Experience as a tester either in games development or related field testing tools;
• User/Customer support experience;
Salary: Competitive + Relocation
Location: Leamington Spa, U.K
Opening date: 19th July 2017
Closing date for applications: 18th August 2017
Reflections reserves the right to close this advert earlier than the closing date indicated should we feel we have received sufficient applications.