SENIOR TOOLS PROGRAMMER (146)
Ubisoft is 10,000 creative minds spanning 6 continents. With around 85% of its staff devoted to game development, Ubisoft has the 2nd largest in-house creative team in the world.
The company’s 27 different creative studios work hand-in-hand each day to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences that reflect the creativity and diversity of their teams. This cross-studio collaboration model means every team member has the opportunity to participate in challenging projects based on brands including For Honor® Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon®, Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell®, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six, Tom Clancy's The Division, Rabbids®, Rayman®, Watch Dogs®, Far Cry®, The Crew®, Just Dance® and more.
Work within a collaborative multidiscipline environment implementing tools and engine features for next-generation game engines.
• Collaborate as part of an enthusiastic scrum team in developing, enhancing and maintaining tools in support of active projects;
• Innovate and improve the quality of implementation, performance and usability of the tools and project pipeline as a whole;
• Coach less experienced programmers;
• Implement practical and timely solutions that meet the technical requirements;
• Implement code that is modular, self-contained, and defensive and observes the technical constraints on the system;
• Work as a key part of an agile development team, taking responsibility for organising and planning their own work to deliver to specification and to schedule;
• Ensure coding standards are followed, and help to enforce good programming practices within the engineering team;
• Maintain technical documentation for the engineering team as well as other disciplines;
• Optimise code and data for memory usage and performance as required;
• Write debugging tools for programmers, level designers and artists;
• Be responsible for the development, maintenance, documentation and overall quality (including implementation, performance, stability and usability) of tools and modules within their area of expertise or as developed as part of the scrum work ;
• Manage workload and time within the tasks assigned and to deliver to specification and schedule;
• Contribute, maintain and use shared code, tools components or processes where applicable;
• Provide consultation and support to other team members or other teams as required;
• Maintain good lines of communication with users and to proactively seek feedback;
• Abide by and contribute to the development of standards, procedures and processes;
• Provide support cover during critical phases of development, including flexibility and extension of working time as required;
• Maintain ongoing personal development;
Skills and Knowledge
• In-depth knowledge of common algorithms, data structures and patterns, and the ability to apply them to problems while keeping constraints and performance in mind;
• Able to analyse unfamiliar code of a reasonable complexity to understand and extend the functionality of an existing module;
• Knowledge of different software development methods such as Test Driven Development, Unit Testing, Agile, etc.;
• Passionate about playing and making games;
• Able to inspire and motivate others;
• Able to plan and estimate their own tasks and ensure timely delivery of work;
• Self-motivated and pro-active with a strong work ethic;
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
• Bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject or equivalent industry experience;
• Substantial commercial software development experience on PS3 & X360 or PC;
• Experience with commonly used development tools such as Visual Studio and Perforce;
• Experience with game engine tools development would be beneficial;
• Experience with Python or MaxScript a plus.
Salary: Competitive + Relocation
Location: Leamington Spa, U.K
Opening date: 20th July 2017
Closing date for applications: 19th August 2017
Reflections reserves the right to close this advert earlier than the closing date indicated should we feel we have received sufficient applications.