AUDIO PROGRAMMER (155)
Ubisoft is 10,000 creative minds spanning 6 continents. With around 85% of its staff devoted to game development, Ubisoft has the 2nd largest in-house creative team in the world.
The company’s 27 different creative studios work hand-in-hand each day to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences that reflect the creativity and diversity of their teams. This cross-studio collaboration model means every team member has the opportunity to participate in challenging projects based on brands including Assassin's Creed®, For Honor® Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon®, Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell®, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six, Tom Clancy's The Division, Rabbids®, Rayman®, Watch Dogs®, Far Cry®, The Crew®, Just Dance® and more.
Work within a collaborative multidiscipline environment implementing in-game audio features and tools that meet the requirements of the project’s Audio Lead and Lead Programmer.
• Implement practical and timely audio solutions that meet the design and technical requirements;
• Be an evangelist for audio within the team, to ensure it receives consideration in all game features;
• Keep abreast of new audio technology, algorithms, and middleware;
• Implement code that is modular, self-contained, and defensive and observes the technical constraints on the system;
• Work as a key part of an agile development team, taking responsibility for organising and planning their own work;
• Ensure coding standards are followed, and help to enforce good programming practices within the engineering team;
• Maintain technical documentation for the engineering team as well as other disciplines;
• Optimise code and data for memory usage and performance as required;
• Write debugging tools for programmers, level designers and audio designers;
• Support the Lead Programmer in any ad hoc tasks and duties.
Skills and Knowledge
• Passionate about playing and making games, and recognize the importance of audio within games;
• Excellent C/C++ programming skills, with good knowledge of object oriented development;
• Able to plan and estimate their own tasks and ensure timely delivery of work;
• Self-motivated and pro-active with a strong work ethic;
• Knowledge of common algorithms, data structures and patterns, and the ability to apply them to problems while keeping constraints and performance in mind;
• Able to analyse unfamiliar code of a reasonable complexity to understand and extend the functionality of an existing module;
• Knowledge of different software development methods such as Test Driven Development, Unit Testing, Agile etc.;
• Proven ability to debug defects of a reasonable complexity;
• Knowledge of audio processing technology such as mixing, sample rates, audio compression, filters, reverb;
• Excellent communication skills in spoken and written English.
• Bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject or equivalent industry experience;
• 3 years of commercial software development experience with significant involvement in 1 published game in an audio programming capacity;
• Experience with multi-channel and positional audio and its implementation on the major platforms;
• Experience working with audio middleware, for example FMod, WWise, Miles;
Salary: Competitive + Relocation
Location: Leamington Spa, U.K
Opening date: 31st July 2017
Closing date for applications: 30th August 2017
Reflections reserves the right to close this advert earlier than the closing date indicated should we feel we have received sufficient applications.