TECHNICAL LEVEL DESIGNER (140)
Reflections, a Ubisoft studio is a video games development company based in Newcastle, UK. Collaborating with Ubisoft's international creative teams on projects such as Assassins Creed Syndicate, Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon, online open-world RPG "The Division" as well as the adventure platformer "Grow Home". With a host of other top titles to our name such as open-world action adventure 'Watch Dogs', MMO racer "The Crew" and the latest instalment in the world's No.1 dance game franchise 'Just Dance 2015' Reflections' objective is to combine technical expertise, flair and innovation to create and contribute to successful and memorable games. We are looking for Pioneering, Obsessive Humans to cement its reputation as an industry leading studio within the UK and the world.
Create and implement complex technical system design elements into the game while acting as a technical reference for team members on the project.
• Assist with the prototyping and production of the technical elements of a game feature;
• Constantly assess designs, game features and pipelines, identify risks and look for systemic improvements;
• Assist in the testing of new features and tools before they are deployed to the rest of the team;
• Help the Level Design team to maintain a balance between the creative vision for the project and the technical budget restraints;
• Contribute to data optimisation and validation by ensuring that Level Designers comply with the technical standards;
• Ensure gameplay ingredients and playspaces conform to game Metrics;
• Act as a technical reference for the team in relation to level design;
• Understand best practices, pipelines and workflows;
• Debug and implement reliable solutions to issues until production has ended;
• Conduct training sessions for all level designers on the tools and methods used on the project and contribute to training materials;
• Carry out ad hoc production tasks with the level design team and provide constant technical support on the tools and engines for every member of the team;
• Carry out all other related tasks.
Skills and Knowledge
• Solid communication and interpersonal skills;
• Ability to clearly express and present ideas;
• Ability to understand and communicate in technical language;
• Curiosity and drive to understand how things work;
• Solid analytical and problem-solving skills;
• Adaptability, autonomy, proactivity;
• Structure, attention to detail, efficiency;
• User focus.
• Bachelor’s degree in game- or level-design, technical discipline or other relevant experience;
• Relevant working experience in level design or other relevant experience;
• Has shipped at least 1 game within level design, preferably on a ‘AAA’ console title;
• Experience with 3D engines (Such as Unreal, CryEngine etc.);
• Experience and training in programming is an asset.
Salary: Competitive + Relocation
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne, U.K
Opening date: 20th July 2017
Closing date for applications: 19th August 2017
Reflections reserves the right to close this advert earlier than the closing date indicated should we feel we have received sufficient applications.