SENIOR VEHICLE ARTIST (149)
Ubisoft is 10,000 creative minds spanning 6 continents. With around 85% of its staff devoted to game development, Ubisoft has the 2nd largest in-house creative team in the world.
The company’s 27 different creative studios work hand-in-hand each day to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences that reflect the creativity and diversity of their teams. This cross-studio collaboration model means every team member has the opportunity to participate in challenging projects based on brands including Assassin's Creed®, For Honor® Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon®, Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell®, Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six, Tom Clancy's The Division, Rabbids®, Rayman®, Watch Dogs®, Far Cry®, The Crew®, Just Dance® and more.
Be responsible, advise on and improve the creation of Licenced and Un-licenced Vehicles and ensure that vehicles can be successfully integrated into the game while supporting the lead artist on management focused tasks.
• Create complex assets which can be shared across multiple projects in respect of technical and artistic constraints;
• Set and share best practices, production pipelines and workflows within the group;
• Share knowledge and motivate artists within the team;
• Express any ideas which may add to the project mandate;
• Support the Lead to ensure a successful sign off process for own and others work by conducting reviews, critiquing work and providing suitable feedback;
• Efficiently communicate and support messages and decisions from management;
• Actively participate in the implementation of more efficient work methods;
• Be a reference for the art team in relation to various artistic elements and find solutions to complex issues that arise;
• Plan, estimate and prioritise time frames for the completion of tasks and track progress using the designated tracking tools;
• Communicate and collaborate with key stakeholders to confirm task direction and ensure consistency of work within the team;
• Ensure vehicles fit within the defined memory constraints to keep within the target Frame Rate;
• Support the Lead Vehicle artist in any ad hoc tasks and duties.
Skills and Knowledge
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
• In-depth knowledge of modeling techniques;
• In-depth knowledge of texture mapping, materials and shaders;
• Excellent knowledge of relevant 2D and 3D software packages;
• A technical problem solving mindset is essential;
• Strong knowledge of vehicle design principles;
• Good knowledge of streaming and LOD systems linked to in-game engines;
• Knowledge of data management software (such as Perforce);
• Knowledge of industry game engines and production pipelines;
• Strong knowledge of the video games industry and awareness of typical video game development processes.
• Substantial working experience in graphic design, modelling or other relevant experience;
• Bachelor’s degree in Graphics Design, Art or other relevant training;
• Has shipped at least 1 game as a vehicle/model artist; preferably full project cycle on ‘AAA’ console title.
Salary: Competitive + Relocation
Location: Leamington Spa, U.K
Opening date: 11th July 017
Closing date for applications: 10th August 2017
Reflections reserves the right to close this advert earlier than the closing date indicated should we feel we have received sufficient applications.