VISUAL EFFECTS ARTIST (129)
Reflections, a Ubisoft studio is a video games development company based in Newcastle, UK. Collaborating with Ubisoft's international creative teams on projects such as Assassins Creed Syndicate, Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon, online open-world RPG "The Division" as well as the adventure platformer "Grow Home". With a host of other top titles to our name such as open-world action adventure 'Watch Dogs', MMO racer "The Crew" and the latest instalment in the world's No.1 dance game franchise 'Just Dance 2015' Reflections' objective is to combine technical expertise, flair and innovation to create and contribute to successful and memorable games. We are looking for Pioneering, Obsessive Humans to cement its reputation as an industry leading studio within the UK and the world.
Independently deliver a wide range of high quality visual effects for the project in respect of technical constraints and artistic direction.
- Produce high quality effects through any stage of the production process in respect of the project’s technical and artistic constraints;
- Build relationships with Artists, Designers, Technical Artists and Programmers to facilitate effective collaboration during the asset production process;
- Plan, estimate and prioritise time frames for the completion of day to day tasks and track progress using the designated tracking tools;
- Communicate and collaborate with key stakeholders to confirm task direction and consistency of work;
- Optimise work and maintain balance between quality and performance;
- Implement and incorporate feedback from Art Director and Leads into work;
- Understand best practices, production pipelines and workflows;
- Reference game design documents to develop an understanding of the environments, objectives, atmospheres, story and style of the project;
- Support the Lead Artist in any ad hoc tasks and duties.
Skills and Knowledge
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Good working knowledge of relevant 3D software with particular emphasis on fluid simulation and rigid body dynamics tools (e.g. FumeFx, Rayfire, Realflow etc.);
- Exposure to industry game engines and production pipelines;
- Good knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and/or After Effects for texture creation;
- Good working knowledge of particle driven effects and shader systems;
- Good understanding of node based shaders and their creation;
- Knowledge of Physically Based Rendering and Linear workflows;
- Good understanding of modelling, texture mapping, materials and post processing (e.g. colour grading etc.);
- Familiarity with data management software (such as perforce);
- Understanding of workload management software/principles (Jira) is an advantage.
- Knowledge of video games industry and awareness of typical video game development processes.
- 2 – 3 years’ experience in game or film visual effects or other relevant experience;
- Bachelor’s degree in visual effects or other relevant training;
- Experience working within a photo realistic environment.
Salary: Competitive + Relocation
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne, U.K
Opening date: 14th July 2017
Closing date for applications: 13th August 2017
Reflections reserves the right to close this advert earlier than the closing date indicated should we feel we have received sufficient applications.